Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Presidential pardon

So our President is all for gun control but then he pardon someone that was found guilty of possesing a firearm unregistered and without a serial number??
    Aren't those the people that we want to take off the street? I guess its ok to have criminals walking around with illegal firearms, but it is not if you are a law abiding citizen. Now I understand why they are trying to make all of us criminals.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/...Obama.Pardons/
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Presidential pardon

Those pardoned Friday by Obama:

_ Robert Leroy Bebee of Rockville, Md., sentenced to two years' probation for concealing a felony or concealing information about a felony.

_ James Anthony Bordinaro of Gloucester, Mass., sentenced to 12 months' imprisonment, three years supervised release and a $55,000 fine for conspiracy to restrain, suppress and eliminate competition in violation of the Sherman Act and conspiracy to submit false statements.

_ Kelli Elisabeth Collins of Harrison, Ark., sentenced to five years' probation for aiding and abetting a wire fraud.

_Edwin Hardy Futch Jr., of Pembroke, Ga., sentenced to five years' probation and $2,399.72 restitution for theft from an interstate shipment.

_Cindy Marie Griffith of Moyock, N.C., sentenced to two years' probation with 100 hours of community service for distribution of satellite cable television decryption devices.

_ Roy Eugene Grimes Sr. of Athens, Tenn., sentenced to 18 months' probation for falsely altering a U.S. postal money order, and passing, uttering and publishing a forged and altered money order with intent to defraud.

_ Jon Christopher Kozeliski of Decatur, Ill., sentenced to one year of probation with six months of home confinement and $10,000 fine for conspiracy to traffic counterfeit goods.

_ Jimmy Ray Mattison of Anderson, S.C., sentenced to three years' probation for conspiracy to transport and cause the transportation of altered securities in interstate commerce and transporting and causing the transportation of altered securities in interstate commerce.

_ An Na Peng of Honolulu, sentenced to two years' probation and $2,000 fine for conspiracy to defraud the Immigration and Naturalization Service.

_Michael John Petri of Montrose, S.D., sentenced to five years' imprisonment and three years' supervised release for conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute and distribution of a controlled substance (cocaine).

_ Karen Alicia Ragee of Decatur, Ill., sentenced to a year's probation, including six months of home confinement, and a $2,500 fine for conspiracy to traffic counterfeit items.

_ Jamari Salleh of Alexandria, Va., sentenced to four years' probation, fined $5,000 and ordered to pay $5,900 in restitution for filing false claims upon and against the United States.

_ Alfor Sharkey of Omaha, Neb., sentenced to three years' probation with 100 hours of community service and ordered to pay $2,750 in restitution for the unauthorized acquisition of food stamps.

_ Donald Barrie Simon Jr. of Chattanooga, Tenn., sentenced to two years in prison and three years of probation for aiding and abetting in the theft of an interstate shipment.

_ Lynn Marie Stanek of Tualatin, Ore., sentenced to six months in jail and five years' probation condition on not more than a year in residence at a community treatment center for unlawfully using a communication facility to distribute cocaine.

_ Larry Wayne Thornton of Forsyth, Ga., sentenced to four years of probation for possession of an unregistered firearm and possession of a firearm without a serial number.

_ Donna Kaye Wright of Friendship, Tenn., sentenced to 54 days in prison and three years' probation, condition on performance of six hours of community service per week, for embezzlement and misapplication of bank funds.
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Pike County)

I see how that Obummer action looks hypocritical, but really. The pardoned guy was convicted for possesing UNREGISTERED firearm (and we all know any registry is illegal and bullshit) and posessing a firearm with missing #. Which is also a bullshit charge.
    Je suis déplorable

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    I see how that Obummer action looks hypocritical, but really. The pardoned guy was convicted for possesing UNREGISTERED firearm (and we all know any registry is illegal and bullshit) and posessing a firearm with missing #. Which is also a bullshit charge.
    Apparently in Georgia these are good charges.

• Larry Wayne Thornton – Forsyth, Georgia.
    Offense: Possession of an unregistered firearm, 26 U.S.C. §§ 5861(d), 5871; possession of
    a firearm without a serial number, 26 U.S.C. §§ 5861(i), 5871.
    Sentence: Four years probation.

SUBCHAPTER C - PROHIBITED ACTS
    § 5861 Prohibited acts.
    It shall be unlawful for any person
    (a) to engage in business as a manufacturer or importer of, or dealer in, firearms without having paid
    the special (occupational) tax required by section 5801 for his business or having registered as required
    by section 5802; or
    (b) to receive or possess a firearm transferred to him in violation of the provisions of this chapter; or
    (c) to receive or possess a firearm made in violation of the provisions of this chapter; or
    (d) to receive or possess a firearm which is not registered to him in the National Firearms Registration
    and Transfer Record; or
    (e) to transfer a firearm in violation of the provisions of this chapter; or
    (f) to make a firearm in violation of the provisions of this chapter; or
    (g) to obliterate, remove, change, or alter the serial number or other identification of a firearm
    required by this chapter; or
    (h) to receive or possess a firearm having the serial number or other identification required by this
    chapter obliterated, removed, changed, or altered; or obliterated, or
    (i) to receive or possess a firearm which is not identified by a serial number as required by this
    chapter; or
    (j) to transport, deliver, or receive any firearm in interstate commerce which has not been registered as
    (k) to receive or possess a firearm which has been imported or brought into the United States in
    violation of section 5844; or
    (I) to make, or cause the making of, a false entry on any application, return, or record required by this
    chapter, knowing such entry to be false.
    SUBCHAPTER D - PENALTIES AND FORFEITURES
    § 5871 Penalties.
    Any person who violates or fails to comply with any provision of this chapter shall, upon conviction,
    be fined not more than $10,000, or be imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

http://concealedguns.procon.org/sour...irearmsact.pdf

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by comsubin61 View Post
    Apparently in Georgia these are good charges.

• Larry Wayne Thornton – Forsyth, Georgia.
    Offense: Possession of an unregistered firearm, 26 U.S.C. §§ 5861(d), 5871; possession of
    a firearm without a serial number, 26 U.S.C. §§ 5861(i), 5871.
    Sentence: Four years probation.

SUBCHAPTER C - PROHIBITED ACTS
    § 5861 Prohibited acts.
    It shall be unlawful for any person
    (a) to engage in business as a manufacturer or importer of, or dealer in, firearms without having paid
    the special (occupational) tax required by section 5801 for his business or having registered as required
    by section 5802; or
    (b) to receive or possess a firearm transferred to him in violation of the provisions of this chapter; or
    (c) to receive or possess a firearm made in violation of the provisions of this chapter; or
    (d) to receive or possess a firearm which is not registered to him in the National Firearms Registration
    and Transfer Record; or
    (e) to transfer a firearm in violation of the provisions of this chapter; or
    (f) to make a firearm in violation of the provisions of this chapter; or
    (g) to obliterate, remove, change, or alter the serial number or other identification of a firearm
    (h) to receive or possess a firearm having the serial number or other identification required by this
    chapter obliterated, removed, changed, or altered; or obliterated, or
    (i) to receive or possess a firearm which is not identified by a serial number as required by this
    chapter; or
    (j) to transport, deliver, or receive any firearm in interstate commerce which has not been registered as
    (k) to receive or possess a firearm which has been imported or brought into the United States in
    violation of section 5844; or
    (I) to make, or cause the making of, a false entry on any application, return, or record required by this
    chapter, knowing such entry to be false.
    SUBCHAPTER D - PENALTIES AND FORFEITURES
    § 5871 Penalties.
    Any person who violates or fails to comply with any provision of this chapter shall, upon conviction,
    be fined not more than $10,000, or be imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

http://concealedguns.procon.org/sour...irearmsact.pdf
    Georgia? I thought the president pardoned federal crimes? You appear to be quoting the NFA.

(Montgomery County)

I said Georgia because it appears that the person is from there and I can only assume that the article refeers to charges in the same state. The article provides the criminal charges and google brought up what you see listed above. Perhaps I am wrong?

(Lycoming County)

This goes to show how mixed up, twisted, and stupid the reigning regime is.

To hammer away for two and a half months on gun control and then pardon someone with firearms offenses.

He does not do this without personal gain.

He is either gaining financially or he is expecting something from somebody - Say a vote somewhere or somehow.

But regardless, the NRA should jump on this to show the country Obomba has no concern regarding getting criminals off the street (which is not the same as gun control).

Some thoughts.

God bless!!

PPP
    I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. - Jesus Christ

(Bucks County)

I heard he's now claiming he knew nothing about it & it was Janet Napolitano that did it. Does this moron take responsibilty for anything ? I'm suprised he didn't try to blame Bush
    Jesus is Lord !

"_ Alfor Sharkey of Omaha, Neb., sentenced to three years' probation with 100 hours of community service and ordered to pay $2,750 in restitution for the unauthorized acquisition of food stamps

Total outrage. Food stamps are for people who need them not someone to steal from the government. We have enough people sneaking over our borders and having babies here that we have to suppy food stamps and free lucnhes for in shcools

I would be curioius to see mug shots and find out how these people are connected as I am sure there is a reason for them.

Also just to make sure I have my info straight. Obama can only pardon for federal crimes correct? Not state crimes
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

There better be a ton of circumstances on every one of those we don't know about, or there's alot of 'splainin to do. Cocaine with intent to deliver? Theft of food stamps? These aren't petty crimes.

Now, some of these contained restitution. When pardoned, do the orders for restitution go away with the sentence?

Also, the gun crimes. Why is it so hard for these people to understand that if you hang ONE person for a gun offense, you will cut the gun offenses instantly. Hang a second one, you might eliminate it altogether. Otherwise, you do the opposite, which is to give them a PRESIDENTIAL PARDON, and all you say is, it's ok, what you did wasn't a crime or wrong. Don't even get me started on the hypocrisy of issuing such a pardon in the midst of speech after speech on *gun control*.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast