Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Charter Arms, Thumbs Up or Down

I ordered a Charter Arms Cougar (Pink flavor 38 Spl.) for inventory. While checking it out I noticed that if the hammer or trigger was moved rearward just enough to cause a small rotation of the cylinder and then released, that the action would lock-up. In order to clear, the cylinder needed to be rotated by hand to bring it into battery. I called Charter and they FAXed me a prepaid shipping label for a USPO flat rate box. I mailed it on Monday and received back next Monday, seven days door-to-door, not bad. The only problem – IT WAS NOT FIXED. Another call to Charter, this time I received a return call and was assured that this would be made right. I received another pre-paid mailing label, this time UPS, and away it went, this time on a Thursday. I just received it, 13 days later. This time everything seems OK. I have to say that I am not unhappy with Charter, they picked all shipping costs and made the process as easy on me as they could.
    Steve

Default Re: Charter Arms, Thumbs Up or Down

long as they back it up they're good to go.

This happens in mass production.

(York County)

I would never own one. met up with an old buddy I hadn't seen in a while and he had a charter arm .357 snubbie. It locked up on him at one point and his response was "It does this sometimes" he carries this gun for protection too. I haven't heard alot of good things about Charter arms. they had a neat idea with the rimless cartridges though. that was charter wasn't it?

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by autotech6506 View Post
    I would never own one. met up with an old buddy I hadn't seen in a while and he had a charter arm .357 snubbie. It locked up on him at one point and his response was "It does this sometimes" he carries this gun for protection too. I haven't heard alot of good things about Charter arms. they had a neat idea with the rimless cartridges though. that was charter wasn't it?
    Was it a newer or an old one. I havent heard anything bad about them. I have kicked the tires on several of them and wasnt able to get them to lock up.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveWag View Post
    I called Charter and they FAXed me a prepaid shipping label for a USPO flat rate box.
    I didn't think you could ship handguns via USPO.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Monroe County)

Yes you can Ship a firearm to a FFL via USPO and you can ship to anyone vis USPO within the same state.

Yes Charter arms is trying very very hard, they are a good American company that deserve the support of the Gun community, they are making some really good Revolvers now.

Any revolver can do that by the way, it was nice of Charter to take the Gun back but they should have educated you that any revolver can do that, dont believe me break out your Smith or Taurus and try.

Nyman

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

I have one from the early 80's, and it is absolutely reliable and one I do trust.

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Any revolver can do that by the way, it was nice of Charter to take the Gun back but they should have educated you that any revolver can do that, dont believe me break out your Smith or Taurus and try.

Nyman
    I am real familar with the gun that steve sent back. It wasnt typical how it locked. I could get it to do it every time. I must have tried it with about a dozen other charters and couldnt get them to do what that gun did. They made it right so I would buy. In my book customer service is the number one reason I shop at the places I shop and buy the stuff I buy.

(Monroe County)

[QUOTE=jmiro;1331113]I am real familar with the gun that steve sent back. It wasnt typical how it locked. I could get it to do it every time. I must have tried it with about a dozen other charters and couldnt get them to do what that gun did. They made it right so I would buy. In my book customer service is the number one reason I shop at the places I shop and buy the stuff I buy.[/ Yep customer service can make or break a company , unfortunately some companies dont realize that. QUOTE]

(Perry County)

I bought a Pink Lady for my wife back when we were dating. I like it. It's as accurate as you can ask from a snubbie. The trigger is heavy and a bit gritty but she won't notice that if she ever has to use it to defend herself. I'd buy one of their pistols for myself. In fact I'd like to have the 44spc bulldog pug.
    It's all fun and games, til someone shoots your bobber!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast