Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default Range time with the Bushmaster ACR and disassembly(videos and range report)

Here are some videos of the new Bushmaster ACR in action.

I sighted in a scope I used to use on my AR and had some fun in the last video. All in all I am very pleased with it so far. Not a single hang up and all the mags I tried fed without a hitch. The only thing I will do is probably adjust the shell deflector because they were throwing them at about 5 o'clock. By buddy shot it and he is a lefty and the casings were hitting him in the forehead lol! The trigger was crisp and clean without too much pull to drop the hammer. The controls are nothing new if you are used to an AR platform with the exception of the bolt release. Working the bolt release feels natural. The one thing that is surely different is that you don’t hear the buffer spring when you fire unlike the AR which surprised me how much I noticed it when I traded guns with my friend at the range for some trigger time. The recoil is almost non existent and closely compares to the AR. When comparing recoil with the piston operated ACR to the DI AR-15's, they are pretty much identical. One thing I surely noticed was all the heat was up front and not in the chamber. This was to be expected from a piston operated rifle though. The heat, even after blowing trough a hundred rounds was all contained safely on the inside of the front of the gun. It is a free float barrel and there is a heat shield inside the hand guard that made it quite comfortable to handle even after lots of shooting. All of my AR mags that I had left over still work in the ACR like I said and I am very pleased to say the least. Now, time to clean my baby...

Last edited by Mr_Gixxer; September 8th, 2010 at 11:37 PM.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Range time with the Bushmaster ACR (videos and range report)

NEW VIDEO...

Field stripping the ACR

Last edited by Mr_Gixxer; September 8th, 2010 at 11:41 PM.
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Berks County)

Get yourself a nice spotting scope and rest for your guns. You'll shoot much tighter groups when shooting from a rest. Also having your buddy looking threw a spotting scope is a big plus. Then you can adjust after every one or two shots.

Oh yea! bad ass gun

I’m new to PAFOA but I wanted to thank you for your range report. I was wondering how Bushmaster ACR handles ever since I looked at one about a month ago at Pete’s Gun Room in Skippack. I had previously looked at a FN SCAR rifle, but the Bushmaster just seemed nicer, more solid and better laid out. I can’t afford either right now so just window-shopping. However, although the ACRs are not cheap they sure seem nice.

On a side note I just had a great experience with Bushmaster’s customer service, they had sent me a go headspace gauge, I had ordered a no-go gauge. When I called to complain, they told me to keep the go gauge and they would send me a no-go gauge; I can’t complain about customer service like that.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JMIS View Post
    Get yourself a nice spotting scope and rest for your guns. You'll shoot much tighter groups when shooting from a rest. Also having your buddy looking threw a spotting scope is a big plus. Then you can adjust after every one or two shots.

Oh yea! bad ass gun
    Thanks!

Tell me about it. I wished I had a spotting scope and a good rest to shoot from. Then I can get it perfect. I just wanted to get it close this time though so I'm happy with it for now.
    μολ ν λαβέ

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manyclunkers View Post
    I’m new to PAFOA but I wanted to thank you for your range report. I was wondering how Bushmaster ACR handles ever since I looked at one about a month ago at Pete’s Gun Room in Skippack. I had previously looked at a FN SCAR rifle, but the Bushmaster just seemed nicer, more solid and better laid out. I can’t afford either right now so just window-shopping. However, although the ACRs are not cheap they sure seem nice.

On a side note I just had a great experience with Bushmaster’s customer service, they had sent me a go headspace gauge, I had ordered a no-go gauge. When I called to complain, they told me to keep the go gauge and they would send me a no-go gauge; I can’t complain about customer service like that.
    Welcome to PAFOA. Glad you enjoyed the videos. This is my first time dealing with a Bushmaster product so I hope they live up to their name. Glad to hear they were great with working to fix your problem, makes me feel a little easier.

If there is something particular you or anyone here would like me to go over with the ACR just let me know. Suggestions are very welcome.
    μολ ν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    <snip>
    If there is something particular you or anyone here would like me to go over with the ACR just let me know. Suggestions are very welcome.
    Have you looked into the recent optional folding stock that they now offer? Seems to be the only thing missing from these cool rifles!
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Have you looked into the recent optional folding stock that they now offer? Seems to be the only thing missing from these cool rifles!
    http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=11

Yep. And at $149.95 I would say it's a fairly reasonable price to turn my basic into an advanced stock configuration.
    μολ ν λαβέ

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Range time with the Bushmaster ACR and disassembly(videos and range report)

Bump, added video above on how to disassemble the ACR. Post #2. Like I said, if there is a particular part or demonstration you would like to see, feel free to give me your suggestions.
    μολ ν λαβέ

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Range time with the Bushmaster ACR and disassembly(videos and range report)

Gixxer, Hey I just bought an ACR and currently awaiting arrival from the distributor... you mentioned the shell casings are ejecting @ 5.00 and hit your buddy in the face. (hes lefty) Well, I AM LEFTY! I'm hoping the shell deflector is indeed adjustable, so if you would be kind enough to affirm this I would appreciate it very much!
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast