Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Washington Skeet & Trap Club

At the Washington County Fair Grounds you will find the trap & Skeet club with 2 skeet fields, 5 trap fields, outdoor pistol range and also indoor pistol range. Membership is $60.00 per year and key to grounds. They are apart of the Greater Triangle Skeet league which will be starting shortly.

(Allegheny County)

Are the skeet ranges open to the public at anytime? Also, are the memberships "open" or do you have to be sponsored by an existing member?

I'm really trying to hold off joining anywhere until I see what's going to happen with GPGC.
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    Are the skeet ranges open to the public at anytime? Also, are the memberships "open" or do you have to be sponsored by an existing member?

I'm really trying to hold off joining anywhere until I see what's going to happen with GPGC.
    I think that's what holding me from going to the Ambridge Sportsman's Its so close, I might not want the hour drive after...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Washington County)

Default Washington Trap & Skeet

Club is open to public on Thursday nights starting at 3:30PM. No you don't need to be sponsured by anyone. The skeet league starts on Sunday at 10:00AM. anyone is welcome to show and join at anytime.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Washington Skeet & Trap Club

This sounds promising... Is there a contact phone number or web site? Washington Skeet & Trap Club doesn't show up on a Yahoo search.

(Allegheny County)

I may check this out tomorrow.

From Bridgeville, it is probably as close as it gets. I used to work at RCA Corp which used to be about 1/2 mile before the fairgrounds.

It would be nice if there was a place to shoot rifle. Even 100 yds for sighting in since i've never made a shot on a deer further.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

jimskb,

I went out to see what the range is like but the gate was closed and locked (10:15 and 10:45AM on Sun.).

I went to the local Micky D's for a caff and went back but no one was there.

No contact Ph # was on the sign or the gate. Do you have a contact person an/or ph #?

Since rifle is not listed on the sign, i am assuming there is no rifle range.

I'd like to see the pistol range and would probably join for $60.

27hand

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    jimskb,

I went out to see what the range is like but the gate was closed and locked (10:15 and 10:45AM on Sun.).

I went to the local Micky D's for a caff and went back but no one was there.

No contact Ph # was on the sign or the gate. Do you have a contact person an/or ph #?

Since rifle is not listed on the sign, i am assuming there is no rifle range.

I'd like to see the pistol range and would probably join for $60.

27hand
    27Hand, how far is Bridgeville or where you are to Ambridge? that club has a 100y rifle, and is similar in price.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

I used to work at RCA Corp
    Man, that was a while ago. RCA hasn't been there in years. My BIL used to work there.

20+ years ago I was a member of a club called Washington Pistol and Revolver Club that shared the building with Wahington Sportsman. There is no rifle range at the club. There was an indoor 50' pistol range with air driven turning targets. I really do not remember an outdoor pistol range there but then again the club I belonged to had a seperate 200 meter outdoor range out by the airport. That is long gone and is a housing development now.

(Allegheny County)

Frenchy,

I'll have to do a search on distance from Bridgeville (about 5 mi south of the parkway on I-79) to Ambridge. GPGC was about 22-25 min ( I-79 north to 22/30 west,to 22 west, clinton exit ,club).

Google maps says 23 mi and 38 min from my door to Ambridge(not sure of club addy there).

Pitcarin/Monroeville sportsmans club (I'm leaning toward this as quite a few fellow shooters are joining this club), is 28 mi and 45 min.

Washington Skeet &Trap is 17 mi & 29 Min.(seemed less but I didn't check milage or time this AM.

Cory and forest grove are just about the same. I'll check them next weekend.
    FG doesn't allow shooting at steel. I don't know the Cory range rules as yet.

What is the Ambridge addy if you know?

Thanks,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast