Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Smile Para Ordnance 12.45 LDA

I have been offered one of these and it appears to be a very nice carry gun. (Plus I love .45's) Has anyone had any experience with this particular model and with Para Ordnance guns in general. I have never owned one. (much more of a Beretta guy, anyway!)
    Any info would be appreciated.

John

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Para Ordnance 12.45 LDA

One of BoD's used one in a handgun class a couple of years ago and he wrote up a rather extensive review.

http://www.fireinstitute.org/fire_LT...ra_Ord_LDA.htm

Smile Re: Para Ordnance 12.45 LDA

I've had a wholw stables worth of Para's both SA and LDA, loved them all but have let them go to fund my other 1911's (Kimbers, Springfields, and Colts.

The only thing I don't like about the Para's is that if it's non-stainless the finish doesn't hold up to well. But seeing as the para in question is stainless, go for it, you won't be dissappointed, just watch out with the LDA, it takes some getting used too, my first time shooting one I put the second round down range will still recoiling from the first shot, those LDAs have a VERY quick trigger reset.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Allegheny County)

I own the Para Carry, the full size single stack and the full size hi-cap. All I can say is that they are a lot of fun and shoot well for a loose fitting pistol. The double action trigger pull is like nothing else light, smooth and the same every time. If the price is right buy it, if you don't want to carry it (it's heavy) you will still have a lot of fun shooting it. I like the single stack paras even though the are not true 1911s', they fell like them. Keep in mind that this is comming from a guy that will buy any gun if the price is right.
    Last edited by jimthom123; October 25th, 2006 at 06:56 PM.
    It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it!

(Allegheny County)

I have one of the old P12.45's. I love it. It is my carry gun. Alloy frame, 12 in the mag & 1 up the pipe. AHHHH....What fun to shoot!
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Luzerne County)

Their DA trigger pull is simply amazing and I would suggest to at least dry fire it or another Para LDA before you make up your mind one way or the other.