Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Archbald: Range Rules Clarified

Quote Originally Posted by havegun View Post
    ArchangleCD, Your right about Ray having a lot of oportunity to voice his concern at the pistol range. It gets crazy overthere sometimes. I don't shoot handguns as much as I used to, but I do spend a lot of time at the 100 yd rifle range. I like to shoot World War 2 military rifles. If you see an older guy driving a 04 Nissan Titan dark grey pickup or a 1995 olds cutlass sierra, thats me. Stop over and say hello. I don't know how often I'll be up there with hunting season and the cold weather.
    I think we have already chatted about WWII rifles when I was shooting a HRA M1 Garand. I'm usually up there with 2 friends, one drives a big red Dodge Ram, the other a red Jeep Liberty and I was driving a Black Grand Prix and now a Blue/Grey Nissan Maxima. We shoot a lot on the 100 yard range too...

I won't be there from now until after hunting season opens. All the yahoos who only shoot their gun once a year to make sure the scope is good just before hunting season starts are up there now! You know the ones, they cover everyone on the line while holding their rifle as they spin around and talk to their friends or to yell at their kids who are running all over the place with no ear or eye protection on!

(Lackawanna County)

Red face Re: Archbald: Range Rules Clarified

I've had some strange experiences with other shooters who do not follow the safety rules at Archbald, too. I can't wait to see than Ransom Range get open. Closer drive for me and all sorts of ranges and professional managment.

The plans I saw have rifle firing lines at 100, 200, 300, 450, 600, 800 and 1,000 yds.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Sharpshooter View Post
    I've had some strange experiences with other shooters who do not follow the safety rules at Archbald, too. I can't wait to see than Ransom Range get open. Closer drive for me and all sorts of ranges and professional managment.

The plans I saw have rifle firing lines at 100, 200, 300, 450, 600, 800 and 1,000 yds.
    Its a bit of a drive for me but it does sound promising.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lackawanna County)

I hope you guys are right about the Ransom range opening.I was under the impression that the bureaucrates would not approve it. It would be nice to have a private range close to where I live.

(Lackawanna County)

A range opening @ Ransom would be great! That would be about half the distance than Archbald from my house. As long as it doesn't get like the Suscon range with all the yahoos shooting the place up!

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelCD View Post
    A range opening @ Ransom would be great! That would be about half the distance than Archbald from my house. As long as it doesn't get like the Suscon range with all the yahoos shooting the place up!
    This range is going to be a business, pay to play, and before you are allowed to shoot you must go through a range orientation, you act up, you get put out.

This range, when it opens, may well be the safest place to shoot, plus they will have firearm instruction classes.

This info is here because of a member who has kept us all up to date on the progress, a shout out to LadySharpShooter.

Send some rep her way people.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Lackawanna County)

I'll believe it when I see it e erything I've read has the guy having to give up his left testicle and two first born because people don't want it I'd drive the hour for that. Hopefully steel shoots too

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it e erything I've read has the guy having to give up his left testicle and two first born because people don't want it I'd drive the hour for that. Hopefully steel shoots too
    Well said, and I agree. He is jumping through hoops big time. If it gets approved, sign me up. I'll pay to play, take a safety course, bake cookies, change diapers, whatever.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by CL3 View Post
    Well said, and I agree. He is jumping through hoops big time. If it gets approved, sign me up. I'll pay to play, take a safety course, bake cookies, change diapers, whatever.
    It is sad that a legitimate business that is investing a lot of $ in this area is being harassed so much. And then the County Commissioners all say they want more jobs and economic development!

Last night they had a planning commission meeting. I'll see if any media comes out from it, and post on the Range Thread, not this one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123