Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: StrikeFire Vortex

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    A word of warning: that's the red/green one. I have the red one on my AR-15, and I love it. The kids have the red/green one on their M&P 15-22. It's nice to be able to change the color, but the red/green one is noticeably less bright than the red one.

(Lackawanna County)

Since someone brought this back from the dead I will post an update.
    After at least a few thousand rounds my red/green dot is still running perfectly and holds a very accurate zero. I have won a few carbine/rifle matches with it and just took second place at the mogadishu mile shoot in the enlisted optics class. I was shootin out to 300yds with it vs competitors with 4x magnification. Can't say enough good things about this optic!

(Beaver County)

Sent my red one back to vortex for the red green one bc of the brightness. You dont want to wash out the target. Plenty bright for daytime shooting.

(Philadelphia County)

Just an FYI
    Palmetto has a one-day special on the red/green model for $120 and free shipping. Coupon code is "strike" (it's on their homepage)
    StrikeFire

standard disclaimer: not affiliated but very happy I just saved $50

(Lehigh County)

I put one of these on my Century Galil Clone and it functions great.
    Was thinking about one for my S12.

(Beaver County)

I'd get another one but I don't have anywhere to put it!

Ah man, missed the sale

(Lancaster County)

igot one of these about a month ago and after about 2k rounds its still hitting exactly where it was when i zeroed it. the included doubler in my eyes is pretty much useless and ill be getting a flip to side 3x magnifier as soon as i can as most probably will so its a moot point but it is nice they send it with anyway. the lens caps i dont like so i put some butler creek ones it. the dot is well defined and can be plenty bright enough for any condition i can see myself getting into. the included mount is VERY robust for an included item. i have not been nice to this thing (havent ran over it with a car or threw it down the steps or anything) but i did run a bunch of 7mmrum threw a 700 with it mounted up and it took that too and held zero so on my ar i think it will be just fine for a long long time. i will reccomend this to anyone looking for a lower priced red dot without hesitation. the warranty and customer service is top notch as well, BESTive ever seen anywhere. when i got the thing i got it zeroed and putting caps back on i found one had threads that were a little "flat" and wouldnt allow it to be snugged up properly. i sent an email asking what i had to do to fix this and got a reply of, ok address please. 2 days later a new one was in my mailbox along with some stickers and whatnot. they say "no questions asked warranty" and thats exactly what it is, thats something you dont find much anymore these days and i for appreciate it alot. this company will be whom all my optics come from, from here on out as i hear nothing but good about their traditional scopes as well.

so anyone searching for a quality optic on a normal persons budget, buy from this company confidently, you wont be disappointed and if you are for some reason they WILL make it right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12