Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Fayette County)

Default Re: Springfield day at SPAG

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    I didn't hang around very long. There's a nice sized crowd but it's very comfortable and manageable (this coming from a guy who doesn't like crowds). I hadn't been in SPAG for a few months, I was impressed by the inventory they have on display. I did check out the Springfield wares, lots of good stuff. Things got a little hot in the room when the SOCOM16 started winking at me. (Event price quoted was $1499 for the base/black stock model if anyone's interested)

I waited in line about 10 or 15 minutes to renew my membership. Gave me a chance to ogle all the handguns in the glass cases. It was nice to see a good amount of women getting memberships.

The VIP membership was advertised at $250 today, it's regularly $300. When I went to pay for mine with a cc I was told that the credit price is $270. I was a little bummed about that because if I had known I would have grabbed some cash on my way there. So be aware, if you want max savings bring cash. It would be nice if they noted this on their site.

I went up to the range for a bit but didn't shoot. It was nicely full but the wait was very short for a chance to shoot. I saw no guest shooter. All in all if you're up for a gun event it's probably worth stopping by.
    Did you forget about the 8% philly tax? I got a membership in august at full price and the total was $324 (300 + 8% tax)

Default Re: Springfield day at SPAG

I also have a VIP membership there, gonna expire in a couple of months. I Like pag, range is nice, people there are nice but they seem to stick it to you when you want to spend money. i don't remember paying tax for membership anywhere else. i think actual credit company fees are more like 1%-3%. 270 is 8% higher then 250, did they also charged you tax on the 270? did you pay 291.60 for the membership after taxes and fee?

btw i know someone who paid 100 buck for a transfer fee, talking bout pissed off but to late to do anything.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123