Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default GRAND OPENING - DIRECT ACTION TACTICAL TRAINING CENTER - LANCASTER PA 9/12/2010

Grand Opening!

Professionally-Trained Total Personal Self Defense
    Sunday, September 12, 2010 – 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
    276 Granite Run Drive
    Lancaster, PA 17601

View the event poster by clicking http://directactiontact.files.wordpr...andopening.pdf

Live Demonstrations of our techniques from our staff of law enforcement and military-trained professionals:

* Krav Maga, the official self defense system of the Israeli Defense Forces, a simple, effective self defense system that emphasizes instinctive movements, practical techniques, and realistic training scenarios.
    * U.S. Marine Corps Martial Arts Program, reality-based training adapted as practical applications for self defense. Intuitive techniques that are simple and highly effective.
    * Reality-based training for men and women of any age over 18 and at any fitness level. Designed to generate empowerment, self confidence and a mind-set of prevention and protection. Simple and highly effective techniques to prepare for for or avoid a physical encounter.
    * Video presentations and open discussion about D.A.T.'s Firearms Training Program. Meet and Greet with members of Team D.A.T.

Our method uses real-world scenarios to build confidence and empower the student in all facets of personal self defense. We recognize that each student is unique with different backgrounds and abilities. Therefore, the pace of the program is tailored to each student. Instructors are highly trained and will ensure your safety while providing real-world training that could save your life. Understanding of applicable laws regarding the use of self defense with up-to-date information from law enforcement professionals on crime and law so the student is prepared mentally, as well as physically.
    "When Knowledge Counts and Experience Matters"

(York County)

Default Re: GRAND OPENING - DIRECT ACTION TACTICAL TRAINING CENTER - LANCASTER PA 9/12/2010

Who does your Krav Maga training? I didn't see any mention of Krav Maga in the bios of your instructors. Where were they trained and who did their training?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Respectfully,
    Geo

(Pike County)

Default Re: GRAND OPENING - DIRECT ACTION TACTICAL TRAINING CENTER - LANCASTER PA 9/12/2010

Expirience = Experience. Couldn't resist.

(York County)

Geo, good question. Glad something like this is coming to Lancaster, will look for some reviews from members that have gone.
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Lancaster County)

Geo,

Kris currently does our Krav training, if you e-mail him directly, he can give you his complete background in the Krav system. We will be a Krav Maga Worldwide affiliate as of this October, with several additional instructors attending the Phase A Instructor Certification later this year. Until then, Kris is running all of the Krav classes.

Thanks for your interest, please feel free to give us a call or stop by the training center, we are there Monday through Saturday 0800 - 2200.

(Lancaster County)

Geo,
    Thanks for your interest and question. I have been training in the Krav Maga Worldwide system as well as the Pedro Sauer BJJ with One Sprit Martial Arts (OSMA) in Herndon Va for the last year and prior to that I received training through IKMF (International Krav Maga Federation) as well as instruction from current members of the IDF (Israeli Defense Force) while I was deployed for the last 3 years attaining level IV. I decided to become an official KMW (Krav Maga Worldwide) training center because I believe Darrin Levine’s program is the best suited for our students as well as our mission. All of my instructors are qualified to teach our self-defense program which covers most of the Krav and MCMAP concepts and will attend KMW phase A in October. We are a reality Based self-defense training center and are not interested in being a black belt factory. Aligning with KMW is for the sole purpose for enhancing our training and ensuring our students receive the best quality training in their total personal defense. KMW will allow us to rank and belt our students however, belts and ranks don’t help you survive, only training will do that and from guns to the ground we strive to help our students obtain the most rounded skillsets to be successful .
    Regards
    Kris Hurley
    Owner/Direct Action Tactical

(Lancaster County)

Roger Thanks for that. I can't say much for our spelling but we shoot A-zones and can fight our way out of a wet paper bag lol, thanks for the proofreading.
    Kris

(York County)

I was hoping that you weren't going to be associated with Levine (even though he certainly started out fine). The whole KM world in the US has been taken advantage of by some unethical people. I'm not suggesting that you guys are at all unethical -- not by any means.

I've been following this kind of stuff (problems with KM instructors in the US) for a while now. Here's a great website that helps to bring some of the problems to light. http://www.fakeselfdefenseinstructors.com/ I've been in touch with Robb Hamic for months now, and he's really opened a lot of peoples' eyes as to how some of these prominent people in KM are frauds. I'm very happy that you guys aren't associated with Moni Aizik.

It's just my opinion, but considering that it's not too (relatively) far away, the only official and authentic Krav Maga HQ in the US is in New Jersey. http://www.israelikrav.com/. They do have some people who have trained with them, and are working around the country, but not to our general area yet.

I have no doubt that some good, former IDF operators have a solid foundation of KM, but in the same way that my career military friends can only teach someone the basics of shooting, I'd send them to someone who was trained to be an instructor. I'd trust my coworkers dad who was a firearms instructor in the Army and then Baltimore Police Dept, before people I know who are retired police but not instructors. There's something to be said for being trained how to teach.

I'm not saying that you guys are doing anything unethical, but that IMO , a lot of us have been taken advantage of by some unscrupulous individuals (Moni Aizik, Mike Kanarek, Darren Levine and KMG). I'm basing my opinion on the lengthy research and investigations of Robb Hamic, who's not only traveled to Israel to train, but investigated these guys while there. He's associated with the official US Krav Maga HQ. I have nothing to sell, nor am I associated with Robb Hamic or the official US Krav Maga HQ -- it's just that over the past couple of years, I've been interested in KM, and started asking questions. Those questions have exposed me to the dark underside of KM in the United States, and the unscrupulous individuals who are lying and misleading the rest of us.

I guess that for me, it's either a drive to New Jersey and the IKMA, or hopefully, someone around here will spend the time to train with them and bring it here. I was hoping that you were going to say, "we're with the IKMA." There are a handful of people who are on the up-and-up, and don't have any tainted blood in their KM system, but it's also very confusing.

Hope that I didn't offend anyone, as it wasn't my intention.

Respectfully,
    Geo

(York County)

...and for the record, I have no doubt that you can shoot and fight. Your training there, IMO, is unquestionable. You all should do well.

(Lancaster County)

Geo, I dont know all of DAT's instructors but I personally know one as he is my boss. All of these guys are standup individuals and are very good at teaching what they know best and that is deffending and surviving. I encourage you to give them a try. I myself (time permitting) will be taking some classes with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast