Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Question Arasapha Farms / Baits Motel?

This is from their website:

Safety Information
    a. No alcohol permitted on the property
    b. Please leave all metal objects in your vehicle
    c. Proper shoes are necessary, no flip flops, sandals or high heals
    d. Please wear appropriate clothing; you will be on a working farm, so expect a little dirt.
    e. WARNING: Be aware that We use fog and strobe lighting in our show for those with asthma or epileptic illnesses.
    I'm half awake, but anyone have idea's as to why they have this - just so people don't fall and get hurt on "metal objects"? lol...

The 'Burg-Northern Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Arasapha Farms / Baits Motel?

I imagine it's more a reference to jewelry (watches, rings, bracelets, etc.) that can snag and cuase injury!

(Venango County)

It's because they were planning on using a giant magnet. One, the likes of which that could pull a Cadillac through a keyhole. It is merely a safety measure, you know. In case you have any Cadillacs, in your pocket.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Philadelphia County)

After the hay ride you get an MRI with strobe lights and fog, duh :P

(Montgomery County)

2 things:

1) Don't waste your $$, Bates Motel blows (IMO)...

2) Last year I had to run back to the car and stash my rig, as they were wanding and pat frisking people at the entrance. Fuck that.

Just FYI... I would expect to get hassled if you carry.

Regards,

Bones

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
    2 things:

1) Don't waste your $$, Bates Motel blows (IMO)...

2) Last year I had to run back to the car and stash my rig, as they were wanding and pat frisking people at the entrance. Fuck that.

Just FYI... I would expect to get hassled if you carry.

Regards,

Bones
    That's what I was thinking (wanding/metal detector). Did they find yours and tell you to put it in the car? Or did you do this prior - from waiting in line and seeing them do this?

I don't live far from there and have gone for the past several years. Supposedly this year they lengthened the hay ride to 20 mins, added a new trail, etc. My g/f is set on going as she too has been going for years, and this is one of the many we have plans to go to.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAFirefighter11 View Post
    That's what I was thinking (wanding/metal detector). Did they find yours and tell you to put it in the car? Or did you do this prior - from waiting in line and seeing them do this?

I don't live far from there and have gone for the past several years. Supposedly this year they lengthened the hay ride to 20 mins, added a new trail, etc. My g/f is set on going as she too has been going for years, and this is one of the many we have plans to go to.
    I walked up and saw the wanding taking place (I was explicitly checking for this, as I was with my soon-to-be in laws at the time, and I was all about avoiding the circus that would likely ensue after "security" found my handgun).

I then trotted back to my car and preemptively stashed the gun/mag/holster/pouch rig before I got in line.

I was concerned that I would spend 35 min. or more in line, only to (at best) be sent to the back of the line to wait all over again, after stowing my rig in the car (if they even let me in)...

I should have stated that my assertion that Bates blows is the result of the fact that they were wanding, plus I had a -very- lame date there several years ago, which left me with an overall lousy impression

Although I don't recall being wanded on that first trip (several years ago - maybe they started that in more recent years?), but I was certainly wanded/patted down last time I went (either last Halloween or the year before)...

Regards,

Bones

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Do alot of gangbanger looking/acting types go to this, or skinheads sporting swastika tats, or black panthers and KKK members? If not, what's with the wanding?
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Do alot of gangbanger looking/acting types go to this, or skinheads sporting swastika tats, or black panthers and KKK members? If not, what's with the wanding?

I guess they don't want some crazy gun-toting fool gettin all a'skeerd and blasting up the place with full auto AK's
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    I wasn't greeted by any of my fellow Black Panthers when I was there, but then again it could have been b/c of my shaved head, pale complexion, blue eyes, and tattoos

In all seriousness though, I will say that I noticed what I would characterize as a fairly typical cross-section of American youth in attendance (some drunk, some seemingly stoned, others simply looking like some combination thereof).

So in short, yes, there were *some* shady-looking people. But no more or less than I've unfortunately come to expect from any public attraction these days

Regards,

Bones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast