Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default Opinion of Suresight sights?

Folks,

First let me say that I understand that the single best way to shoot and sight better is to PRACTICE.. and I do my fair share of practicing.

That said, what are your opinions of the Suresight??

http://www.suresight.com/

It looks like a really good "fast aquisition" sight.

I have XS big dots on my Glock 23 and I plan on getting them on my Glock 21 also.. I will have a glock 19 soon as well as a Glock 17 and a Glock 27 or 26 near the end of the year.

These look like something that might be worth a try, but at $129.00 for the tritium version, I want to get some feedback from the members here, since i trust your opinions..

Dave
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

(York County)

Default Re: Opinion of Suresight sights?

I have them on my 30 and want a set for my new 19 but they have been out of stock for some time now... Awesome sights but they take a little getting use to.

(Allegheny County)

I think its a gimmick

look at guys who shoot really well, look at competition shooters, look at firearms trainers and guys that take courses and take this stuff seriously. There mostly all using traditional notch and post sights. Sometimes the variation is flat balck vs. hi-viz fronts or variation on trituim lamp set ups (straight 8 vs. 3-dot).

can you even get those in night sights ?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    I think its a gimmick

look at guys who shoot really well, look at competition shooters, look at firearms trainers and guys that take courses and take this stuff seriously. There mostly all using traditional notch and post sights. Sometimes the variation is flat balck vs. hi-viz fronts or variation on trituim lamp set ups (straight 8 vs. 3-dot).

They do come in night sights, You're right they are a gimmick but it's all what one likes. On my pistol they don't match up perfectly on top of each other to shoot on at 25 yards but they are close and after some practice I know just what to do to keep it where I want it. I like the brightness of the angles in the dark they are real easy to see and line up in the dark. But I shot just fine with my dot sights to.

(Washington County)

Thats why I am asking.. so thanks for the input... I practice enough that i am seeing improvement with both the standard glock sights on my 21 and the XS big dot sight on my 23.. My shooting is getting better every time I shoot..

I saw these on a youtube video and saw the comments, so I checked them out.. Wanted to get input from folks here before I make a decision.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    I think its a gimmick

- Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ