Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: 1st time on the range

Just got my Glock 26 recently and had it out on the range for the 1st time this morning. Also it was my first time at the club I just joined. Shot about 80 rounds of Winchester White box 115 grain FMJ.

(Cumberland County)

As far as a round count I think it depends. Sometimes I shoot purely for fun. Then who knows, I might shoot 50 rounds or be having a really good time and shoot 350. Take at least 50 with you, might be wise to take more. Think of it this way; The Glock 26 magazine holds 10 rounds. You'll only shoot five strings of 10 shots with a box of 50 rounds. That's not nearly enough for me. It'll take some time to figure out what you like. Don't worry about buying too much ammo, it doesn't go bad and you'll have more to shoot later!
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(York County)

It varies with me, since I hit the range anywhere from 1-3 times a week. With handguns you will conserve ammunition if you don't load full magazines, but that's personal preference. I usually shoot handguns for about an hour, and shoot around 100-200 9mm and 100 .45 in that time. Then again, that comes out to shooting once every 12 seconds, not counting reload time, so it depends on how fast you're shooting.

Overheating your Glock shouldn't be an issue, just let it cool down before you box it up or try to carry it out with you. I can't tell you how many times I've burnt myself on hot barrels (this is more of a problem with subguns or full-autos).

Just remember to have fun. Sometimes I'll go to the range to try something new out or with a specific intent in mind and I'll get so focused on shooting a certain way that I'll get too serious about it. Range visits should be fun, stay safe and shoot a lot...!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12