Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Venango County)

Default Re: FOAC Gun Bash Winning Ticket numbers.

Well, I didn't win anything. But, the money went to a good cause, and because of that, I don't mind.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Allegheny County)

Best Gun Bash ticket I've ever seen--and all for 25 bucks! I had a great time, spent a couple bucks, didn't win, but was glad to see the smiling faces on the winners. Yup, that was me in the busquedero rig and cowboy hat. Momma's, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys. Hope to see you all at the next Gun Bash, and please bring a friend.
    WOP2 --- the original Spaghetti Western

(Washington County)

Question Re: FOAC Gun Bash Winning Ticket numbers.

I hate to mention this, but isn't it beyond coincidence that one of the FOAC (or ACE) guy's brother-in-law won 3 times while most of us didn't win anything. And 2 members of the "new" FOAC Philly people won and at least one of the guys displaying guns behind the line won. I know it is probably impossible to rig a game like this, but it sure puts doubt in my mind.

It will be very hard for me to bring myself to spend the money on another of these unless I marry into the FOAC family or become a very active member. Otherwise, it seems my chances of winning go way down.

I sure hope I'm wrong about this being more than a coincidence, but how would we ever know? If they were able to rig it, they sure wouldn't admit to it.

Who knows, maybe it's just sour grapes.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterton123 View Post
    I hate to mention this, but isn't it beyond coincidence that one of the FOAC (or ACE) guy's brother-in-law won 3 times while most of us didn't win anything. And 2 members of the "new" FOAC Philly people won and at least one of the guys displaying guns behind the line won. I know it is probably impossible to rig a game like this, but it sure puts doubt in my mind.

It will be very hard for me to bring myself to spend the money on another of these unless I marry into the FOAC family or become a very active member. Otherwise, it seems my chances of winning go way down.

I sure hope I'm wrong about this being more than a coincidence, but how would we ever know? If they were able to rig it, they sure wouldn't admit to it.

and just how many tickets did you buy? Is there a chance that the winners were able to purchase a lot more tickets than you did and increased their odds of winning?

maybe next time you should think about why they won instead of yelling conspiracy.

(Allegheny County)

that Sums it up right there. I was the announcer and Ace Employee, i am the Event Manager.

It's kinda hard to rig something that everyone has the same chance of winning. 1 in 1000 was the deal all day long except for the Door Gun, Mystery Safe, and Mystery Gun.

the choice table tickets were Serial Numbered and SEALED no one knows what number will come up you had the same chance i had at winning. no if ands or buts about it. Some people just have a horse shoe up their rear ends and are lucky like that. plain and simple.
    Last edited by renegadephoenix; March 28th, 2011 at 10:27 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

Well there, Chesterton, let me set the record straight for you. That was my brother in law that won the door prize, a $3 choice table, and a 50/50 raffle. Rigged? Nope, just like the lottery, you gotta play to win. You can't rig a door prize. Everybody that showed up got a ticket, including you. 50/50 likewise, that's why the tickets are serialized and carefully accounted for. You may note that another player at that same table won two 50/50 raffles, and I won one. I dropped well over 200 bucks and won a buck and a quarter. Trust me, if it was rigged, I would have walked away with that M1A Supermatch or those matched Colt SAA's.

I do not work for Ace Sporting Goods. I am an unpaid volunteer in an organization devoted to preserving and restoring your rights as a gun owner. Your post is out of order, and frankly gets real close to being libelous. One of the guys on the microphone does work for Ace, and he won nada, zip, zero. Our Chairman was at the table working the microphone as well, and won zero, zip, nada. My brother in law is NOT a FOAC member. He simply bought a ticket. The fellow at the table with him is NOT a FOAC member either. He's just another dude that bought a main entry ticket, and dropped a ton on 50/50's.

I take personal offense to your absurd charge of rigging, and defy you or anyone else to let us know how to rig the game. If you have a problem with the Gun Bash, and you're an FOAC member, show up at the monthly meeting and sound off. You'll get a fair hearing, but don't be surprised if you offend the very many hard working unpaid volunteers who did not win a thing. I believe an apology is in order, and I would expect you to post it most riki-tik.
    WOP 2-The Original Spaghetti Western

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by WOP2 View Post
    I believe an apology is in order, and I would expect you to post it most riki-tik.
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that, seeing how he only has 4 posts and 3 of them were from late 2009.

(Allegheny County)

Chesterton:
    I forgot to mention that I'm 62 years old, have spent enough money at gun bashes to buy a Bradley fighting vehicle, and this is the first time I've won so much as a nickel. As it is, I'm still down considerably. Rigged? Not likely. I'm still waiting to see that apology posted. Mayhaps you will wish to be an unpaid volunteer on October the 8th 2011? I mean, if you think its rigged, come and see for yourself. Walk around on concrete floors for 11 hours and go home and collapse into your recliner. Its Monday, and my legs still hurt. But, I'm not bitching because I left well over 100 bucks behind. How many tickets did you buy?

(Washington County)

I hope the grand prize winner takes that Colt Talon Dragon Super D Duper edition to the range and shoots the snot out of it.

I would

(but i didnt win)

One of these gun bashes, maybe the one on the 8th. After Tekkoshocon is over for me this month, i'll have plenty of time to come to FAOC meetings and volunteer for this, as well as get some of that luck rubbed off

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyWhiteGuy View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that, seeing how he only has 4 posts and 3 of them were from late 2009.
    CWG--
    I appreciate your sentiment, and perhaps I'm being overly optomistic, but while I won't hold my breath, I DO sincerely expect an apology. Chesterton is way out of line, and he's speaking about a process that he understands little of. Does he actually think we would risk criminal prosecution for a rigged game? The control features built into our Gun Bash are tighter than two coats of paint.

Thankfully, so many folks have called me on the phone and sent e-mails to the house to congratulate FOAC for a really great Gun Bash, that Chesterton's off the wall remarks have been nearly erased from memory.

To all that sent me personal notes, please know that MANY FOAC members made this happen. The 3 guys on the microphone were only a very small part of a huge effort to preserve and defend our Constitutional rights. I'm grateful to have been allowed to participate in some small way, but believe me, the heavy lifting was done by others. I'm blessed to be a part of FOAC, and thankful that they ask me to do a small job from time to time. As our Chairman says, if every member put just 8 hours a YEAR into activism, we'd be invincible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast