Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Monroe County)

Default Re: announcing you are carrying concealed to a police officer during a traffic stop?

Quote Originally Posted by aferr1973 View Post
    If someone has their LTCF then it is their right to carry in a vehicle correct? So unless the PO arrests you, why would the PO confiscate your gun if you have the legal right to carry concealed in a vehicle as per the LTCF [snip]
    in a perfect world, no. but you may get a LEO who is ignorant of the laws, or even worse one who doesn't care what the law is, but has their own little crusade going on. One of our members (snakeman21) was disarmed and cuffed a few months ago for just walking down the road OCing, a legal act which doesn't even require a license in PA. there are many other similar stories out there.

so, while many cops are cool and obey the law, i am not personally willing to risk the chance of telling a bad one i am armed, for my own safety.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    so don't print. i have had numerous interactions with police officers while carrying...including being pulled over three times. i have never informed any of them and none of them have ever said a word about it--my guess is they did not know.
    hell, forget CC, i've been pulled over OC and they didn't even notice, except for one guy who noticed my LTCF as i got my DL out and asked me. (to ward off comments, they aren't in the same part of my wallet, the other side fell open by accident)
    Last edited by MischaBurns; September 4th, 2010 at 05:03 PM.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!