Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: announcing you are carrying concealed to a police officer during a traffic stop?

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    To be fair, almost any rifle made around 1900 looks like an Enfield or a Mauser to me. Women have names for more shades of "blue" than you can shake a stick at, while men know the difference between pliers and wrenches.

And to be specific, if an aggressive male came running at me, making verbal threats and holding "something" in his hand like it was a gun, I might plug him, even if it later turned out to be the remote control to his Sony. As Saddam Hussein learned, don't pretend that you have a dangerous weapon, unless you actually have a dangerous weapon. Because a lot of folks just can't take a joke.
    The point was the uncanny similarities between a vast number of incidents inferring complete or substantial fabrication, the point of the fabricated story is that it appears plausible, and is evidenced...if it were true it would be justified...but its not true, its a boiler plate defense.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: announcing you are carrying concealed to a police officer during a traffic stop?

After having my LTCF for exactly one week now I would not voluntarily inform the PO that I had my LTCF and that I was carrying my firearm.

Especially knowing that the PD of my township would more than likely call the entire force in for backup since they usually call for 4 cars of backup when they pull over a soccer mom for running a stop sign or having an overdue inspection sticker.
    Last edited by aferr1973; October 9th, 2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: grammatical error

(York County)

Not much good will come from talking to a cop. Even less good comes from volunteering information that you don't have to volunteer. It's nothing personal towards the cop, it just is what it is.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Chester County)

I do not inform them. I used to have my LTCF right behind my license in my wallet. Got pulled over, cop saw the LTCF & asked if I was armed. At that point I felt I should say yes so I did. He disarmed me until he drove off. Not ok w/me.

(Montgomery County)

I honestly cant think of any scenario in PA where you would be legally required do disclose that you are carrying.

(Erie County)

I was pulled over Monday morning and for the first time had to decide whether I was going to disclose to the officer that I was carrying or not. Up until that point I had wondered how I would handle it in PA if/when I was pulled over. I decided not to tell him. No issues at all, everything was quick, and it ended well. I am happy with the decision and plan to make it standard procedure for myself.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234