Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: announcing you are carrying concealed to a police officer during a traffic stop?

Quote Originally Posted by aferr1973 View Post
    If someone has their LTCF then it is their right to carry in a vehicle correct? So unless the PO arrests you, why would the PO confiscate your gun if you have the legal right to carry concealed in a vehicle as per the LTCF [snip]
    in a perfect world, no. but you may get a LEO who is ignorant of the laws, or even worse one who doesn't care what the law is, but has their own little crusade going on. One of our members (snakeman21) was disarmed and cuffed a few months ago for just walking down the road OCing, a legal act which doesn't even require a license in PA. there are many other similar stories out there.

so, while many cops are cool and obey the law, i am not personally willing to risk the chance of telling a bad one i am armed, for my own safety.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    so don't print. i have had numerous interactions with police officers while carrying...including being pulled over three times. i have never informed any of them and none of them have ever said a word about it--my guess is they did not know.
    hell, forget CC, i've been pulled over OC and they didn't even notice, except for one guy who noticed my LTCF as i got my DL out and asked me. (to ward off comments, they aren't in the same part of my wallet, the other side fell open by accident)
    Last edited by MischaBurns; September 4th, 2010 at 05:03 PM.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: announcing you are carrying concealed to a police officer during a traffic stop?

Quote Originally Posted by MischaBurns View Post
    hell, forget CC, i've been pulled over OC and they didn't even notice, ...
    Me too. The last time I was pulled over, about 2 and a half years ago, they either didn't notice or didn't care. And I didn't offer

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Cambria County)

This is a little off from the OP question, but it seems like it could help. When you are pulled over after dark, TURN ON THE INTERIOR LIGHTS. The PO will be able to see any threat inside the vehicle as he aproaches. This will make him more comfortable and may thereby help you out.

(Monroe County)

When In OCing if Im not asked, I dont offer. If CC *which is rare for me* I wont inform unless asked "do you have any weapons". As others have said, there is NO DUTY/OBLIGATION TO INFORM IN THE STATE OF PA.

(Bucks County)

Hello officer. As a courtesy and for your safety I feel obligated to inform you that, it being a big universe and all, there's a small chance you will be hit by space junk if you stand there too long. So let's please hurry it up.
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by rikilii View Post
    Hello officer. As a courtesy and for your safety I feel obligated to inform you that, it being a big universe and all, there's a small chance you will be hit by space junk if you stand there too long. So let's please hurry it up.
    This, thread winner right here.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Bucks County)

Great article listed in this month's Shooting illustrated.

What I would do.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Great article listed in this month's Shooting illustrated.

What I would do.

A link would be nice.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Lehigh County)

I'm a big believer in "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"...

/in ALL areas of societal interaction

(Wayne County)

REAL SIMPLE NEVER VOLUNTEER ANYTHING! DON`T ASK DON`T TELL. MUMS THE WORD. ZIP THE LIP. and I`m sure the rest of you can come up with more

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast