Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: what would you do if they really came to take away our firearms?

I think there would be more resistance than they expect...Not incriminating myself or anyone, but I don't think they would get away with it without a fight...
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

Quote Originally Posted by SharpShooter88 View Post
    I think there would be more resistance than they expect...Not incriminating myself or anyone, but I don't think they would get away with it without a fight...
    I'd like to think you're right, SS88. But if Louisiana was any indication, we'll rollover and sell our selves out when the day comes. The "authorities" in Louisiana experienced -very- little resistance to their gun sweep. They correctly guessed that it would be easier to ask for forgiveness afterward than permission before, so they just went for it knowing the NRA, et al all would never get in the fight in time. They were right.

This has been discussed ad nauseum and eventually leads to one or more of these links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFPNTUQyeec&NR=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/general-2...html#post57642
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/lounge-10...html#post23475
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/question-...tml#post111622
    http://www.bobtuley.com/gun_seizures.htm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwlUqO6tRlU

Here's one of the few that *did* put up resistance was an 80 year old woman, Patricia Konie:
    http://asjewelers.com/FRstuff/Katrina/Gun_grab_big.wmv

What does that say about our generation? No doubt there will be exceptions, but the majority?

My hope is that PA isn't as likely to have a mass disaster as severe as Katrina.

(Cumberland County)

Once they pass the law there is no resistance. If you refuse the only option is to go into hiding and prepare for war. Is that really the route you want to go over a gun?

Say the next AWB is retroactive and it is now illegal to own them. Sure they might not know you have it but the first time you take it out to shoot or use it for defense you are now a felon and can't own any guns at all. That is also the problem with hiding a gun, the first time you need it you're now the bad guy.

I hope there are still enough intellegent folks in power that this will never happen, but who knows.

Poultney, VT(school) Norristown, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhandle View Post
    I think such a scenario is quite possible since it could be done under the banner of fighting terrorism. Keep in mind the next (likely) attorny general, and next (likely) Republican presidential nominee both think waterboarding is not torture. Also, it looks like warrantless wiretaps are here to stay.
    Don't like that then vote Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    I can't picture any local politician doing something like this. If someone outside tried it they would need to send a batt. of national guard or the Marines in. Anything less and I would pack up my guns, go up the hill, and watch the war through my spotting scope. If they did send that Batt . I would bugout.
    the Marines would never do that.

(Berks County)

My hope would be that the military would hold up on their oath to defend The Constitution of the United States from all enemies both foreign and domestic. And from the soldiers that i know yea they would be felons along with the rest of us for holding onto firearms we dont own....
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    My hope would be that the military would hold up on their oath to defend The Constitution of the United States from all enemies both foreign and domestic. ...
    And who would the "enemy" be? As Pogo used to say: we have met the enemy and he is us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Broomhandle View Post
    I think such a scenario is quite possible since it could be done under the banner of fighting terrorism. Keep in mind the next (likely) attorny general, and next (likely) Republican presidential nominee both think waterboarding is not torture. Also, it looks like warrantless wiretaps are here to stay.
    Don't like that then vote Ron Paul
    Are you familiar with the electoral college process, and rules? (link)
    Last edited by PA Rifleman; November 2nd, 2007 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Fixed image

Poultney, VT(school) Norristown, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    Are you familiar with the electoral college process, and rules? (link)
    yes i know the rules. I have and carry a pocket constitution and yes it is signed by Ron Paul from when I met him in NH.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    And who would the "enemy" be? As Pogo used to say: we have met the enemy and he is us.

The enemy would be those who disregard the Constitution of the United States. Im pretty sure our politicians are not the constitution (as much as they think they are.. ). They are the enemy and we put them there. We have to vote them out.

If that doesn't work and they still continue on the path. I'm pretty sure most of the actual soldiers (enlisted + some lower officers) will end up siding with the people (I would think that some law enforcement officers would support this as well.) So overall we need to be diligent now so it doesn't come to this later.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    yes i know the rules. I have and carry a pocket constitution and yes it is signed by Ron Paul from when I met him in NH.
    Then you are no doubt familiar with:

"Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors,..."
    and it goes on to say
    "(The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot for two persons, of whom one at least shall not lie an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves. And they shall make a List of all the Persons voted for, and of the Number of Votes for each; which List they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the Seat of the Government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate. The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted. The Person having the greatest Number of Votes shall be the President, ..."
    Reader's digest condensed version: congress picks out next president, not popular vote. What leads you to think that a Democratic-controlled congress will elect anyone other than a Democrat president in 2008?

Don't read me wrong. I think Ron Paul is an excellent alternative to our queen-apparent Hillary. But I seriously doubt he (or Fred Thompson, much less any independent) has a greater chance at the white house than a sparrow trying to fly to the moon while tied to a cinder block.

It's been my observation that presidential elections generally follow party lines in congress. After all, that's one issue the primaries are supposed to resolve. Until government officials are elected by popular vote, we're all spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    The enemy would be those who disregard the Constitution of the United States. ...
    Sorry for the ambiguous nature of my last post. The enemy will be whoever the President points to and says to the US military: "sic 'em". Thus the "all enemies both foreign and domestic" highlight from the military pledge of loyalty reprint.

N.O. still holds all the guns they grabbed in 2005, and will probably find it less problematic to destroy them than attempt to return them to the rightful owners. Civil rights were flagrantly violated in Louisiana, and there has been zero restitution from this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast