Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Go out to dinner, come home with shotgun

Sounds like a great dinner out!

(Cumberland County)

Very nice. Family guns just mean so much more.

I've always liked Winchester shotguns. 1300 done up properly is one of my favorite HD guns.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Awsome story! I just recently just received the same shot gun from my grandfather. He said it had less then a box shot through the gun. Well I took it out to shoot clays, the guns and my first time with clays... I shot great so did the gun... But near the end, about 2 boxes through, the slide would ether stop as it was loading or it would get sluggish. I have no idea why so I cleaned it up when I got home to hope the problem was fixed... But I still don't know why the slide got slugish... But all in all great gun and happy to get it.
    My grandfather had a few guns and he is slowly giving them to family. I managed to get his Jap Type 99 WWII gun when I was 16, because i asked him about it. Then he gave my cousin his .308. And some how he gave me his shotgun. My uncle will get the old soviet pistol... He only has a .22 left and thats for shooting cats lol...
    ΑΣΦ

ok this was supposed to be about the shotgun, but since inquiring minds want to know.... I'm a photography afficiando and was just rotating some new images onto the walls and these were on the couch awaiting their turn. I have very limited wall space and thousands of images.

It is not my llama, just a well done image from an ad campaign way back in the 90's or early 00's.

The portrait next to the llama (with the black mat) is Laetitia Casta, a French model by shot by Herb Ritts/Vogue magazine. One may recognize Laetita from modelling Guess/Georges Marciano as well as from Sports illustrated in the late 90's.

The portrait of the girl on the horse is non other than Gisele Bundchen by photographer Walter Chin, it appeared in Vanity Fair in 2000.

Back to the shotgun. I put 125 rounds through it today and the carriage started to fail to close the bolt all the way toward the end. But I spoke to may dad and he said he had probably shot 500 rounds through and put it away without cleaning it when he hurt his shoulder. I'll clean it and probably put a new return spring in as preventative maintenance since it is at least 20 years old anyway.

I need more walls...and guns too of course.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by john doe; September 8th, 2010 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    Back to the shotgun. I put 125 rounds through it today and the carriage started to fail to close the bolt all the way toward the end. But I spoke to may dad and he said he had probably shot 500 rounds through and put it away without cleaning it when he hurt his shoulder. I'll clean it and probably put a new return spring in as preventative maintenance since it is at least 20 years old anyway.

Same thing happned to me! will you pm me when you end up doing it? I know nothing about shotguns... and would like to know how you did it and cost... If not i will just take it to a gun smith
    ΑΣΦ

(Northumberland County)

My friend's father owns one that I've used a couple of times for clay birds. While I'm not usually a big shotgun fan, I kinda fell in love with that gun. It fit me unusually well. I can't comment on long term durability, but it seemed like a well made gun on the few occasions that I used it. Congrats on your new treasure!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12