Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Kel-Tec Round 2

Default Kel-Tec Round 2

Sent my P-32 back for the second time since I bought it.

Keeps popping out the mags after a few shots. Regardless what mag I use.

Sent it back the first time for this reason and it took em 8 weeks..

Dont even have 50 rounds through the gun, Really wish they'd just give me my money back.

Really really disappointed with this.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Kel-Tec Round 2

Just bite the bullet and buy a Ruger LCP if you really want a tiny but reliable Gun.

Nyman

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    Sent my P-32 back for the second time since I bought it.

Keeps popping out the mags after a few shots. Regardless what mag I use.

Sent it back the first time for this reason and it took em 8 weeks..

Dont even have 50 rounds through the gun, Really wish they'd just give me my money back.

Really really disappointed with this.
    What was the problem with it? I had the same problem with my pf-9 and i looked around and figured that it was the mag release button. So i ordered a metal release button and got it installed. Havent brought it to the range yet but I hope that solves my problem with the mags.

(Bucks County)

You could have called them to send you a mag catch and took the 15 minutes to install it. These guns are very easy to repair yourself, with videos on Youtube. I have 2-P32's and had to send the one back for a trigger bar issue. Havent had a problem with it since.
    The Ruger L(ittle) C(opied) P(istol) is the P3AT in ruger clothing. They have had recalls also. I replaced my P32 mag catches with metal ones also. They accent the hard chrome slides.

(Philadelphia County)

Interesting.
    I just bought a P32. Haven't had a chance to fire it yet so I can't say anything about function but so far I'm very pleased with my decision. When I was researching it I got a great impression of KelTec customer service and reliability of this firearm in general. Eight weeks is way too long for repair of a new gun. Hopefully this is a fluke and you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

Duke, are the P32 metal mag catches aftermarket parts from the member at ktog?

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Just bite the bullet and buy a Ruger LCP if you really want a tiny but reliable Gun.

Nyman
    You might want to Re-think that, Ruger has had All the same problems as Kel-Tecs, plus some Recall issues. The Ruger is just a Kel-Tec Clone that actually allows you to 'Manually' lock back the slide...Big Deal.

They are both good guns, But they aren't for everybody due to thier small size. I would recommend the OP go to the Kel-Tec forum and find a possible solution to his problem there.

Usually this problem is caused by the shooter hitting the mag-release button, But he has already stated He knows he hasn't touched the release, So who knows, maybe He found a New issue.

~TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    Interesting.
    I just bought a P32. Haven't had a chance to fire it yet so I can't say anything about function but so far I'm very pleased with my decision. When I was researching it I got a great impression of KelTec customer service and reliability of this firearm in general. Eight weeks is way too long for repair of a new gun. Hopefully this is a fluke and you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

Duke, are the P32 metal mag catches aftermarket parts from the member at ktog?
    Yes they are. I bought them from a member there. I had to file the grip slightly, and slightly is an overstatement. I bought the mag catches at separate times. The second one was stainless steel. I replaced the plastic catch in my P11's also.
    They always say 6-8 weeks. I never had to call them. But i have see posts of that being the rule. I had an S2K returned in 17 days. The P32 was @ 3 weeks. This was a 4-5 years ago. Like i posted earlier, if you have any mechanical ability, repairs can be made easily by you. Keltec will send you the parts.

I have faith in all my Keltecs. I had issues, but all function flawlessly now.

(Berks County)

I've had two kel tec's. A used 32 and a new pf9. No problems with ether one. The used p32 is actually a 1st Gen with plastic mag release and never had a problem with it either. I've put about 1,000 rounds through it and was getting nervous about the mag catch, called kt and they sent a metal catch for free even know it was used.

Good luck and stick with kt. The customer service is amazing and products are simply fantastic. There's a reason ruger cloned the p32

Got my receipt email today.

4-6 week turnaround ............ last time was 7 weeks..

one thing that bothered me.

Firearms are serviced on a first come first serve basis; priority is given to Active Duty Law Enforcement and Active Duty Military Service Personnel with proper identification.

SO I guess my life isn't as important as theirs.........

Guess I'm just a douche consumer Kel-Tec.