Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default RRA pistol buffer tube help?

Building an AR 15 pistol. Decided to go with the RRA pistol buffer tube for simplicity and reliability as this will be the first AR pattern weapon I build in pistol form.

I have had a car tube assembly on and off an M4gery at least 6 or 7 times before switching end plates and such. I understand how all of that stuff works.

What do I not understand with this pistol buffer? If you try to use an end plate (you actually can't because there isn't a notch down the middle of the threads like there is on a car tube) And if you don't use an end plate... it screws in too far and would literally cover the plunger that retains the buffer assembly.

AND... you would have to find another way to retain the rear take down pin spring and detent. (Which I could just tap the hole and install a set screw I'm sure.)

But what gives? Should this buffer tube have a channel cut in it for an end plate like a CAR tube? When I got it - the inside looked like absolute shit too. It was full of brown dust I literally had to scrub out.

Not really happy about my decision to buy an RRA tube right now...

Or it is something simple that I am just not understanding?

(Pike County)

Default Re: RRA pistol buffer tube help?

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    Building an AR 15 pistol. Decided to go with the RRA pistol buffer tube for simplicity and reliability as this will be the first AR pattern weapon I build in pistol form.

I have had a car tube assembly on and off an M4gery at least 6 or 7 times before switching end plates and such. I understand how all of that stuff works.

What do I not understand with this pistol buffer? If you try to use an end plate (you actually can't because there isn't a notch down the middle of the threads like there is on a car tube) And if you don't use an end plate... it screws in too far and would literally cover the plunger that retains the buffer assembly.

AND... you would have to find another way to retain the rear take down pin spring and detent. (Which I could just tap the hole and install a set screw I'm sure.)

But what gives? Should this buffer tube have a channel cut in it for an end plate like a CAR tube? When I got it - the inside looked like absolute shit too. It was full of brown dust I literally had to scrub out.

Not really happy about my decision to buy an RRA tube right now...

Or it is something simple that I am just not understanding?
    Use a reg end plate and dremmel out the center of the notch on the inside of the circle

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: RRA pistol buffer tube help?

I bought the ASAP plate and left out the orienting tab. Worked.