Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Penn Dutch Sportsmen

Also looking at getting a membership here, it is 15 minutes from my job so I could go after work. I like that it has a 400 yard range.
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jszimmy View Post
    I have been a member for around 2 yrs. A nice clean range. I enjoy the 400 yrd range. Many ranges so you dont have to wait on other shooters. Any questions about the range you can find answer on their website. Search Penn dutch sportsmen.
    i went to their website trying to find a layout of the range to see just how many benches and what not they have.. cant seem to find any pictures off it anywhere.. do u know where i could find pics or even a layout on their website? is there an indoor pistol range there as well? thanks in advance!!!

(Lancaster County)

wow didnt realize how old this thread is lol!

(Lancaster County)

Ranges as you enter the club. 2 hand gun ranges at the top of hill off to left . 25- 100 yard yange with 4 benches on your way down the hill right side. 50-200 yard ranges on beside that with I think 4-5 benches. Muzzle loader left side, not sure of range at least 2 benches. Another hand gun range right side. 100-400 yard range next to that. Down the hill some more you will see the club house and Trap house. Archery ranges are below club house. Im not good at decribimg but that is kind of an idea about it. There should be a slide show of pics on the website.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by MotoLappa View Post
    Ranges as you enter the club. 2 hand gun ranges at the top of hill off to left . 25- 100 yard yange with 4 benches on your way down the hill right side. 50-200 yard ranges on beside that with I think 4-5 benches. Muzzle loader left side, not sure of range at least 2 benches. Another hand gun range right side. 100-400 yard range next to that. Down the hill some more you will see the club house and Trap house. Archery ranges are below club house. Im not good at decribimg but that is kind of an idea about it. There should be a slide show of pics on the website.
    okay that gives me an idea on whats there thanks!! do you recall how many 100-400 yard range benches there are? i have an AR15 and a Rem 700 that are sighted in for 200yds now and am getting bored with it.. i like to see how far i can shoot with it.. is there many people that use the 400 yd ranges?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 314edwood View Post
    okay that gives me an idea on whats there thanks!! do you recall how many 100-400 yard range benches there are? i have an AR15 and a Rem 700 that are sighted in for 200yds now and am getting bored with it.. i like to see how far i can shoot with it.. is there many people that use the 400 yd ranges?
    The 400 yard range I think only has 1 bench, but most of the time when I've been there, no one else was using that range. There's more than enough places to shoot 100 yards though.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

see range pics here:
    http://www.penndutchsportsmen.com/index.html

100-400 range has two benches,
    IANAL

(Lancaster County)

okay thanks for the info!!

(Lancaster County)

My son and I took the tour today. This was just the type of range I was hoping for. Clyde seemed like a really nice guy. I filled out the application and paid. I can't wait to become a member. I hope to make the meeting in two weeks. I'd like to be as active a member as possible and help and be involved.

My son hasn't shown a whole lot of interest in guns as of yet but I'm hoping after a few range trips that will change. He did say he really liked the club. We had gone to Millcreek and he was less than impressed there. He truly seemed happy with the grounds. I was too! Multiple ranges, trap and archery. It's all there. So much land. I could just hang out and enjoy the outdoors and be content.

I hope to meet some of you guys there. It's good to be back in the gun world. I didnt realize how much I missed it

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    My son and I took the tour today. This was just the type of range I was hoping for. Clyde seemed like a really nice guy. I filled out the application and paid. I can't wait to become a member. I hope to make the meeting in two weeks. I'd like to be as active a member as possible and help and be involved.

My son hasn't shown a whole lot of interest in guns as of yet but I'm hoping after a few range trips that will change. He did say he really liked the club. We had gone to Millcreek and he was less than impressed there. He truly seemed happy with the grounds. I was too! Multiple ranges, trap and archery. It's all there. So much land. I could just hang out and enjoy the outdoors and be content.

I hope to meet some of you guys there. It's good to be back in the gun world. I didnt realize how much I missed it
    How old is your boy? Think it might help if he were around some other boys that shoot? My kids and I shoot up there.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast