Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Recycling bottles for cash

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    What kind of lead do you have?
    If it's pure soft lead, it's worth more to a muzzle loader who makes his own balls/bullets than it is to a scrap yard. If it's linotype lead alloy it's worth a lot more to a shooter who is into casting hard lead handgun bullets with a specific alloy in mind. Wheel weights aren't worth too much because of the cleaning involved, but they do make good bullets for a handgun.
    Give more details about what you have and how much of it you have, you might be able to find a local buyer.
    20 to 25 pounds of bullet quality lead. Only from spent bullets, nothing else. I could melt it into ingots too and after doing some more research I could possibly purify it some.

Good info on the razors, I had no idea.
    Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Hey, I live in Southeastern Ohio and I was wondering if there was anyway I could recycle bottles for cash without driving hours?

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    I take it to mean that it's illegal to alter money to represent other money, could also be called counterfitting. It seems as though it is technically illegal to run one through a machine that alters it, but it's not even worth investigating, much less prosecuting. [/COLOR]
    You had it right, it's illegal to FRAUDULENTLY alter coins. You're fine as long as you're not trying to pass it off as something it's not. (like smashing a nickel in a press until it's the diameter of a quarter, then putting it into a vending machine......don't ask, it wasn't me, but I know someone who did that once) Make all the squished penny souvenirs you want. I'm sure you could even recycle them by the pound as copper, but find a recycling yard that's going to trust that you actually sorted them and are only turning in the pre-1982 pennies that are mostly copper......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123