Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default !!ammo for 442!!

what some good ammo for self defense for my 442 also what a good cheaper but reliable ammo to use for target shooting with the wife
    All That Is Necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing

(Perry County)

Default Re: !!ammo for 442!!

In my 638 i like the Buffalo Bore 158 gr HP. this is a hot lad HP the lead is soft to ensure it will expand, and it is gas checked so as not to lead the bore. I hand load and don't buy plinking ammo, but Winchester White box is good, usually inexpensive and available at Wal-Mart.

(Delaware County)

THINK ABOUT IT TWICE, Cause you're slow with your hands

(Allegheny County)

I use Hornady Critical Defense 38 sp +p in my 340 M&P. It's 110 grain and a little easier on the hands than 158 grain.

For target, I use Remington or Winchester White Box, whatever I can find at Wal Mart. Again, I try to stick with 125 grain over 158 due to the pain factor.

Great price on the 442 btw.

I reload for mine too, but really any FMJ for target is fine but try to stay with lighter bullet grain so recoil is softer.
    I highly recommend Speer Gold Dot HP short barrel 135gr +P or Winchester PDX-1 130gr+P also Federal makes a 129gr+P and a 125gr NYCLAD. I like the first 2 and personally carry the Speer 135 +P in mine with an extra speedloader in the pocket. I have no experience with the Buffalo Bore but I know they are hot, the Speer is hot too but not like the BB and I trust Speer's rep better cause lots of LEO's use Speer GDHP's and that says something to me. I will suggest you get a box of several different HP's and try them and you decide. Keep in mind the BB is not that available in stores so shipping will be involved as well but you will definitely find the other 4 in LGS and Walmart's.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    I reload for mine too, but really any FMJ for target is fine but try to stay with lighter bullet grain so recoil is softer.
    I highly recommend Speer Gold Dot HP short barrel 135gr +P or Winchester PDX-1 130gr+P also Federal makes a 129gr+P and a 125gr NYCLAD. I like the first 2 and personally carry the Speer 135 +P in mine with an extra speedloader in the pocket. I have no experience with the Buffalo Bore but I know they are hot, the Speer is hot too but not like the BB and I trust Speer's rep better cause lots of LEO's use Speer GDHP's and that says something to me. I will suggest you get a box of several different HP's and try them and you decide. Keep in mind the BB is not that available in stores so shipping will be involved as well but you will definitely find the other 4 in LGS and Walmart's.
    thanks alot man appreciate it if you got any other pointers throw em my way
    All That Is Necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing

(Franklin County)

As stated above, an excellent self defense load is the Speer Gold Dot HP short barrel 135gr +P round.

West of the mountains, south of the lake, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

What Ret-Fed said If I can't find the Speer, I go with Buffalo Bore or any 158 LSWC-HP +P.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    I highly recommend Speer Gold Dot HP short barrel 135gr +P or Winchester PDX-1 130gr+P...
    I hear very good things about the Speer short barrel rounds. You are shooting out of a barrel that's 1 7/8 inches. You need all the help you can get. That being said I almost always carry the Winchester 130 grain +p rounds. Why you ask? Because you can always get them at WalMart.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Luzerne County)

Win. 38 for target, Win. 38+p for sd / 130gr