Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unsold 5c tags?

(Monroe County)

Default Unsold 5c tags?

Anyone know how you can get the unsold 5c tags? Supposedly I can get them "over the counter" but does that mean I can just go buy it from walmart?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Unsold 5c tags?

You buy unsold tags over the counter at the Doylestown courthouse. I think you can also get them in Norristown. Info should be on the PGC site.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by BRIANT View Post
    You buy unsold tags over the counter at the Doylestown courthouse. I think you can also get them in Norristown. Info should be on the PGC site.
    So I need to get them from a court house? Any courthouse in 5C or a specific one?

I didn't see anything on the website for it other then "over the counter" in the game book
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Bucks County)

I just tried looking it up for you, but, the new PGC website is in my opinion lacking. I know from personal experience Doylestown is one place to get them. I also know you can only purchase them in person for yourself and no one else. Not all courthouses have doe tags. If the Doylestown courthouse is a bit far for you, maybe try calling the closest issuing courthouse in your area and see if they can issue a 5C tag. Again all I can say is that I know they can be bought in Doylestown, and if I'm not mistaken, my dad, from Schuykill, stopped in Norristown once and bought one.

At this point though I'd just mail them in. I mailed out my tags on Tuesday afternoon and had them in hand Friday. Typically 5C doesn't sell out until right before the late season. I think a lot of guy who don't get lucky upstate, buy a last minute tag try the late season.

Good Luck!

(Bucks County)

In the courthouse at the Treasurer's office in Doylestown or you can apply by mail

(Berks County)

I think you have to go to a court house that is located in the 5C area itself. I hunt in 5C and if I want to get them over the counter I would have to go to the chester county courthouse in west chester. You can also just get them through the mail with a regular application that would probably be easier. I wouldnt worry about them running out either, they never do.

(Bucks County)

It actually is the Treasurer's office you want for "over the counter" sales, per PA law.

Buck's Treasurer happens to be housed in the Doylestown Court House (second floor)

You can actually go to ANY treasurer's office, since the system is an "online" allocation for them to issue the tag.

HTE /Bow Hunter Ed instructor

(Bucks County)

Northanpton county sells 'em over the counter for 5C...much closer to Saylorsburg for U

(Lehigh County)

Dredly I picked my 5C tags up in allentown if you need directions just ask i'll give them to you.

(Bucks County)

I thought they were only for sale at the courthouse on a specific day?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast