Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: YES, LTCF allows carry of semi-auto handguns, for self defense, while hunting in

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Be careful treading there ! I know what you mean, and everyone else here does too, but a bear with a .45GAP bullet in him during Deer season and not in the overlap, or even DURING the overlap, is going to read like 'hunting with a semi-auto' to any WCO.
    I'd write the OP up if he killed or wounded the bear - if I as a WCO.

The OP is overly concerned about a PA Black Bear charging his harvest. A yell and wave will chase it away.

Unless of course, he is hunting in PA Grizz Country..

the Grizzes that chase the PA Mountain Lions are vicious....

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: YES, LTCF allows carry of semi-auto handguns, for self defense, while hunting in

I have a LTCF, and have used it to CC a semi-auto pistol while hunting. My question is: If I want to OC a revolver, and use it for hunting (not just self defense), does my LTCF cover me, or do I need that sportsman license?
    - May the forCZe be with you.

Your LTCF covers you.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Centre County)

Here's a question. If I'm carrying a rifle and a revolver during rifle season, can I only use the rifle to take game with? Or would I also be able to use the revolver? It is my interpretation that if you are carrying a long arm and a handgun, you can only use the handgun for self defense. I ask, because sometimes when I'm walking through the thick nasty stuff, I'll throw the rifle over my shoulder and unholster my revolver just in case I get a quick shot at something. Now the way I'm reading this makes that seem like it's a no-no. Can anyone clarify for me?

Provided it's a wheel gun and is otherwise lawful for taking game during that particular season you are fine (ie centerfire, manually operated). The provision in the OP simply allows you carry a semi for protection without running afoul of game law.

(Bucks County)

I'm not a hunter, but am interesting in getting into it. So if heaven forbid, I were to shoot a deer but not kill it, it would not be permissible to put it out of its misery with the pistol (9mm semi) and I'd have to use the rifle if I'm reading this correctly? I think that's right.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BladeOfAnduril View Post
    I'm not a hunter, but am interesting in getting into it. So if heaven forbid, I were to shoot a deer but not kill it, it would not be permissible to put it out of its misery with the pistol (9mm semi) and I'd have to use the rifle if I'm reading this correctly? I think that's right.
    Yes you are correct.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Berks County)

You could Kosher it...

Though being wounded, it's already spoiled.

(Montgomery County)

I carry a revolver while hunting for this reason

(Allegheny County)

I've never had a problem with finishing a deer with a rifle. i know people who carry a sidearm for this purpose. I try to carry as little stuff as possible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123