Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: YES, LTCF allows carry of semi-auto handguns, for self defense, while hunting in

So according to the wording NR permits are good too.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: YES, LTCF allows carry of semi-auto handguns, for self defense, while hunting in

I normally open carry a 1911 in a GI flap holster- much more comfortable while hunting.

Not to instigate the Fudds, but if one were hunting deer with a revolver, would it be legal to open carry an AR 15 type semi- for your personal protection, of course.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    I normally open carry a 1911 in a GI flap holster- much more comfortable while hunting.

Not to instigate the Fudds, but if one were hunting deer with a revolver, would it be legal to open carry an AR 15 type semi- for your personal protection, of course.
    Unless the AR 15 is a SBR then the answer is no.

You will note in the law allowing the carrying of self-defense arms while hunting, quoted in post #1, that the tolling statute (34 PA CS §2525) only applies to "firearms" as defined in 18 PA CS §6102. As such long arms are not qualified.
    IANAL

(Berks County)

Thumbs up Re: YES, LTCF allows carry of semi-auto handguns, for self defense, while hunting in

Does this statute include archery season? I am assuming it does but just wanted to get some feedback to support my interpretation of the law.

This is a great forum I have really learned so much while being a member here. Thanks for all the great posts and sharing of information!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis42 View Post
    Does this statute include archery season? ...
    Yes it does, all seasons. Carry on!

Edit to add citation with my emphasis.
    Sec. 2525. Possession of firearm for protection of self or others.
    (a) General rule.—It is lawful for a law enforcement officer or any person who possesses a valid license to carry a firearm issued under 18 Pa C.S. Section 6109 (relating to licenses) to be in possession of a loaded or unloaded firearm while engaged in any activity regulated by this title.
    Last edited by ChuckS; March 20th, 2014 at 09:48 AM.
    Kind Regards,
    ChuckS

“The will to win is important. But the will to prepare is vital.” — Joe Paterno

(Bucks County)

Thanks, ChuckS-
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

so it is legal to carry while rifle or achery hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by NET FM View Post
    so it is legal to carry while rifle or achery hunting?
    Yup....with ltcf.
    FUCK BIDEN

Thumbs up Re: YES, LTCF allows carry of semi-auto handguns, for self defense, while hunting in

Here in NYS.? We cannot carry any Handguns,? While we are Bow Hunting.? Which I think is Crazy.? If you happen to stumble into either a Black Bear.? With or without Cubs.? Or a pack of Coyotes.? Those arrows in your Quiver.Is not going to do anything,? That fast.? Right or Wrong.? This Law,? should of been changed Years ago.? But the Liberals here.? Are the same ones that Rammed the S.A.F.E. Act.? Down every honest Sportsmans throat.? Hopefully Next Month in November.? We get the chance to get rid of Gov. Como.? God willing.? & get in a Governor.? That will Repeal the S.A.F.E. Act.? Etc.?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by originalsocko View Post
    Pa Patriot,
    Thank you for the information, were my son and I go hunting buck and doe there are bear and coyoetes. Yes we have .30-06, 30-30, or .300 win mag. to choose from but if your field dressing and the rifle is leaning against a tree over there.....
    Rep point coming your way.
    Be careful treading there ! I know what you mean, and everyone else here does too, but a bear with a .45GAP bullet in him during Deer season and not in the overlap, or even DURING the overlap, is going to read like 'hunting with a semi-auto' to any WCO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast