Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default Any Ferguson Township Preemtion vioalation updates

I noticed an old thread about Ferguson Township and saw that their no gun ordinance is still on the book.

§16-103. Conduct Prohibited in Parks.
    1. Disturbing the Peace. No person shall disturb the peace in any park by any act.
    2. Immorality and Indecency. No person shall do any obscene or indecent act in
    any park, or display, expose or distribute any picture, banner or other object suggestive
    of sex in a lewd, indecent, immoral way; or enter a comfort station or toilet set apart for
    the use of the opposite sex; nor shall any person loiter in any comfort station or toilet
    at any time, nor shall any person dress or undress in any park except in dressing rooms
    provided for such persons.
    3. Unbecoming Language. No person shall use threatening, abusive, insulting,
    profane or obscene language or words in any parks.
    4. Soliciting Money. No person shall solicit money, subscriptions, or contributions
    for any purpose in any park unless authorized by permit from the Director of the Centre
    Region Parks and Recreation Department
    5. Intoxication. No person shall enter a park in an intoxicated condition; nor shall
    any person have in his possession or drink, or use in any park any alcoholic beverage;
    nor shall any person have in his possession or use in any park drugs of any kind.
    6. Firearms, Weapons, etc. No person, except a police officer, shall have in his
    possession, bring into or use in any park, whether carried, concealed or carried open,
    any firearms, slingshots, fire crackers, fireworks, or other missile propelling instruments
    or explosives or arrows (except as allowed in a designated archery area), or other
    dangerous weapons, which have such properties as to cause annoyance or injury to any
    person or property.

7. Throwing Missiles. No person shall, in any park, throw, cast, lay, deposit or
    propel any missile except in the performance of an authorized recreational activity.
    8. Dangerous Conduct. No person shall interfere with, encumber, obstruct or
    render dangerous any park or part thereof.
    9. Excreta. No person shall emit, eject, or cause to be deposited in any park, any
    excreta of the human body, except in proper receptacles designated for such purposes.
    10. Improper Admission. No person shall gain improper admission to, or use of, or
    attempted admission to any park facility, for which a charge is made, without paying

Any updates on the fight to change this.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Any Ferguson Township Preemtion vioalation updates

Apparently not. I found the violation still on record when I pulled up their ordinances online in a search.

Its listed here in this thread with a bunch of other preemption violations I found:

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...tact-info.html

(Clinton County)

Xringshooter has started somethings with this.

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/634...ml#post1323881
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Centre County)

Yeah, it's a goat rope. The townships say it is up to the Centre Region Parks and Rec to change it, and the CRPR says that each township needs to change their particular ordinance and then tell the CRPR what they are doing. I going to get started on this again.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Yeah, it's a goat rope. The townships say it is up to the Centre Region Parks and Rec to change it, and the CRPR says that each township needs to change their particular ordinance and then tell the CRPR what they are doing. I going to get started on this again.
    Well, where does the ordinance exist? According to my research it is a township ordinance which should be addressed by their solicitor not the county. I am not quite sure if the county has an ordinance but if so that would be apart from the township ordinance which I know exists.

(Centre County)

Tim,
    The CRPR stands for Centre Region Parks and Rec. The townships kinda bind things together under COG - Centre Region Council of Governments (for certain things), and the lines sometimes get really blurred. Each township does have it's own ordinances but sometimes they form group to do things (like CRPR). But then you run into squabbles like this between the group and the individual govs.

I think what is going to have to happen is that multiple letters will have to go out to each township (all reading alike as the ordinances all seem to read alike) and then when they all reply and say it goes to CRPR then take all of those responses to the CRPR and say "here you go, what are YOU going to do?

Tim,
    The CRPR stands for Centre Region Parks and Rec. The townships kinda bind things together under COG - Centre Region Council of Governments (for certain things), and the lines sometimes get really blurred. Each township does have it's own ordinances but sometimes they form group to do things (like CRPR). But then you run into squabbles like this between the group and the individual govs.

I think what is going to have to happen is that multiple letters will have to go out to each township (all reading alike as the ordinances all seem to read alike) and then when they all reply and say it goes to CRPR then take all of those responses to the CRPR and say "here you go, what are YOU going to do?
    Sounds like a great plan with much tape to be cut.
    Thank you for your effort.

(Clinton County)

Ron,

I think that this would be something to bring up at a county commissioner meeting. I called and got the info. They have public comment at the beginning of the meeting so all we would need to do is go down and sign up and talk with them.

I called down and the meetings are every Tuesday at 10am. When would be a good Tuesday for you?

Here is the information:

Centre County Board of Commissioners
    Willowbank County Office Building
    420 Holmes Street
    Bellefonte PA 16823-1488

Phone: (814) 355-6700

(Centre County)

Tim,
    I'll need to see what is going on. With my work schedule I'm typically out of town every other week and when in town am answering phones (technical support for the equipment we make). I should be able to schedule a little longer early lunch here in the near future, especially if some of the other engineers are in house at the same time as me. I'll drop you a line when I can work things out.

(Clinton County)

Tim,
    I'll need to see what is going on. With my work schedule I'm typically out of town every other week and when in town am answering phones (technical support for the equipment we make). I should be able to schedule a little longer early lunch here in the near future, especially if some of the other engineers are in house at the same time as me. I'll drop you a line when I can work things out.
    Sounds good let me know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast