Quote Originally Posted by chaz-heston-4-prez View Post
mullen never said he "didn't like firearms"...he has been a cop for like 40 years...he has seen and done it all...he's been in gun battles, he has actually shot people...he himself carries a firearm at all times!! to say he is "anti-gun" cannot be farther from the truth...people read the original post and see "mullen said he wants to make it tougher to get guns" and don't realize that that quote was taken out of context...he was answering a question about career criminals...he closed the office on saturdays because the sheriffs office has been over budget for 20 years in a row...last year they were projected to be $3 mil over budget and when he "righted the ship" they were only $150,000 over budget...word is they will be UNDER budget this year for the first time ever!! as a firearm owner and someone who has dealt with mullen, i'm positive that he is the best qualified candidate and will be more than happy to work with firearm owners...there is a reason that like 31 out of 34 groups have endorsed him...kress tells people what they want to hear...kress also does not have any experience...i'm just not sure kress is the way to go...i'm not trying to change any minds...just simply stating the facts and expressing my views...may the best man win!!!

31 out of 34 groups is great, but thats not gun groups, the NRA is endorsing ed kress, and so is firearms owners against crime... The firearms division was swindled out of over $150K, so maybe he should have tried running the department without corruption before taking the one day that the working class folks can go to get their permit, why couldn't he have closed Mondays, or Wednesdays, anytime but Saturdays? Mullen supports the AWB, I don't know what you consider being against firearms, but to me thats a big one.. and as I said, he is LEO so him having a firearm means nothing, the gun fights could have turned him extremely antigun towards the public, just has no bearing IMO.