Quote Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
A friend of mine bought a gun from Dick's last year with the $50 rebate intention. It was the last one in stock. (I think it was some kind of Rossi shotgun combo??). They had the box for it, but it was smashed up and looked like someone had no clue how to open it up. Either way he bought it. When he got home and started filling out the rebate form, he saw they required the UPC code from the box. As the box was damaged, it was not there. He went back to complain the next day as was basically told to pound sand- it wasn't their problem. Needless to say - no $50 rebate.

I'm not sure how your specific rebate works, but be glad you got the box just in case.
My rebate just requires the form to be filled out and the receipt supplied with it. no mention of a upc label being needed. that being said I wasn't walking out of that store paying full price for a gun with no box. to me that is a used gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
I do not mean to be a big penis, but you are supporting their sales and service attitude. Buy local, support your community. When you pay your dollar at Dicks, it goes to Dicks HQ, out of state I am sure and then gets redistributed from there. When you buy from a local business owner it goes to the business owner, who lives, eats, and buys in that community.

In short, you get what you pay for. Saving 50 bucks is what caused the loss of the mom and pop shop by the growth of Wal-Mart. Buy local, expect more. I support my local gun shops, do you?
Most often I do support local shops. Out of my last 10 gun purchases, 9 have been bought locally or from an individual. normal price on the gun was $499.99 if i remember right, so it was a sale plus rebate. I should have known better but I thought I might have similar service to Dunham's which i have bought an SKS and AK from. I'm happy with my purchase just not the best service, thought id let you all know.