Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Pittsburgh Gun Show November 17th & 18th 2007

<FONT face=Arial color=#000080><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 16pt">SHOW HOURS: SAT: 8am to 5pm - SUN: 8am to 4pm

(Luzerne County)

Talking Re: Pittsburgh Gun Show November 17th & 18th 2007

Why way until next week to visit a gunshow in the Pittsburg area ?

Some of the regular local area dealers will be there along with some others from the eastern side of the state, like myself.

Stop by:

Syria Shrine - 1877 Shriners Way Cheswick, Pa 15024

Promoter - Appalacahian Promotions
    www.appalachianpromotions.com
    717-697-3088

Sat, Nov 10th - 9am to 5pm
    Sun, Nov 11th - 9am to 3pm

350 tables

FREE PARKING

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Gun Show November 17th & 18th 2007

Don't forget to stop by for a xmas present to yourself!

Hawk,
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PGCA Show Nov 17 & 18 - sucked big time

They should have paid US to come in to the single-room show. Maybe the move back to Westmoreland in Jan will help.

But as long as there are the same jamokes selling at the PGCA shows - I doubt it.

If you are a dealer and sell at the PGCA shows - please explain just WHO your target clientele is 'sposed to be??

Do you not think that pretty much EVERYONE that strokes in there has access to the 'net or knows someone who does?

What was up with the ammo dealers selling ammo for like $25.00 over the case price that ANY of us can have delivered at our door? I'll throw ya a bone so I can walk out with it, but not after I also get boned by Fast-Eddie's taxes too.

Now the DEALER that dealt; he sold me every round of ammo he had and all the M14 mags he had on hand.

And the dealers that leave the popular guns/calibers back home - hoping to unload the crap that didn't sell at the shop - at the show. You dealers could have sold me 2 rifles today, but instead you'll complain how bad the show was.

Rant off - what a waste of time and gas...

(Allegheny County)

On the PAGC website:

*ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS AND FRIENDS:

The January 19-20 show will be held at the Laurel Highland Event Center, Westmoreland Mall Annex
    Westmoreland Mall Greensburg, PA 15601

Does anyone know where that is, EXACTLY?
    Is that the old Ames store behind the mall?
    It's been a while since I've been to Westmoreland Mall and I thought someone told me they were using the old Ames store for "home shows" and such.

I miss the old days in the JCPenny store.

BTW, Anyone who thinks you get "deals" at a gun show is either old, or not from these parts. I can't recall seeing good deals at a show for a long, long, time.

Why is it that when W-mart moves in, they are the "bad guys" for having lower prices, but when it comes to the gun show vendors vs. low, low, internet prices, it's the gun show vendors who are the bad guys?

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Hehehe!!!!!

A little grumbling among the ranks. I had a walk-by out side the show with a guy coming out and asked if it was the same old stuff?
    Yep.
    I guess I still go because of a handful of vendors I've gotten to know over the years. I by-pass "Bedrock" where the Flintstones live and search for my guys (and maybe some day to catch a glimpse of the famed "Frenchy or "Empty Mag"") but I'm under no illusion of finding cutting edge technology in the firearms industry. I did see some silver coins but I really didn't stop and ask......I just didn't want to hear about how rare they are and to be beat over the head with an out of line price. I bet he went home with them, again. I did buy 2 so-so 50 cal ammo cans for 5 FRNs ea.

OK so here's my wish list for items to see at the show;

Survival related supplies.
    Coin dealers.
    Hot babes.
    Mil-spec clothing and gear(historical value be dammed!)
    New, new and new just on the market guns and gear.
    Ammo dealers(WTF! Where have they gone? I want cases and I want them NOW!!!!)
    Hot babes.

I do realize that vendors run on pretty slim margins and dropping several grand on hit or miss new weapons can break a vendor if he gets stuck with them.

On the plus side is I don't where else I can go to see the best selection of hairy,stinky, over weight white guys.
    Did I mention anything about hot babes?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PGCA Show Nov 17th & 18th 2007

Well supposedly the Jan show "will be better" because it has better access for vendors to load/unload vs. the Icehole, and its not Agony County with its oppressive sales tax.

We'll have to wait and see. Hopefully I'll have some ducats left after internet purchases thru a local FFL, which I hate to do but have been left with no other choice.

I know that dealers can't stock everything, but don't fill your inventory with junk and then complain that "we can't sell anything at these shows" as the one vendor with the table full of crap was doing. Bring it and it will sell.

Two tables away the guy that was selling VOLUMES of stuff at lower margins was packing up to leave early as he sold out of goodies.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Well supposedly the Jan show "will be better" because it has better access for vendors to load/unload vs. the Icehole, and its not Agony County with its oppressive sales tax.

We'll have to wait and see. Hopefully I'll have some ducats left after internet purchases thru a local FFL, which I hate to do but have been left with no other choice.

I know that dealers can't stock everything, but don't fill your inventory with junk and then complain that "we can't sell anything at these shows" as the one vendor with the table full of crap was doing. Bring it and it will sell.

Two tables away the guy that was selling VOLUMES of stuff at lower margins was packing up to leave early as he sold out of goodies.
    I understand the new show will handle 3 times as many vendors and they are not limiting how many tables you can have.

Hawk,
    Toujours prêt

(Westmoreland County)

Hi all. I'm a local dealer and a reguler vender at the PGCA show. However I skipped this one to do the show in Chantilly, Va. Larger show+more attendence+more folks with money=a better show for me and well worth the extra paperwork hassle involved. I hated missing a local show but a guys gotta go where the money is. ( This is my job after all. ) In response to someones comment, the pretty girls were at Chantilly as well and the scenery was most pleasent.
    From what a friend who did attend told me,there were a number of empty tables at the PGCA show. I also heard the mood among the dealers was pretty bad due to some comments from some of the PGCA board guys. Any feedback on this from anyone who was there? Thanks.

Jeff G.

(Allegheny County)

[QUOTE=nfafan;138734]Well supposedly the Jan show "will be better" because it has better access for vendors to load/unload vs. the Icehole, and its not Agony County with its oppressive sales tax.

"Icehole" I love it! Would that be Fargen Iceholes?

Didn't hear any skinny about words said but then even I wouldn't talk to me. You know I think the "Gun Show Queens" we used to get were a diversion for the 5 fingered discount artist. Just thinking out loud.
    Last edited by stimpy17; November 21st, 2007 at 06:41 PM. Reason: because my Mom wrote me a note.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast