Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sigma trigger

(Adams County)

Default Sigma trigger

Nobody likes the trigger on a sigma,its to hard well i have had my for about a year now and i love it.I know it's made just like a GLOCK but it's not as good as a glock,maybe it's not as good as a glock but one thing we have to understand is everything that's man made can fail.All my other handgun's have light trigger's and i had to shoot them awhile,befor i started grouping good with them.I just wanted to know if anybody has a sigma and if so do u like it.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Sigma trigger

I personally don't own one, nothing against them, I have shot the .380 one that was discontinued. Wasn't that bad. If I were to buy a Smith auto, I think it'd be the M&P.

(Lehigh County)

i have a sigma 40. didn't like it at first, trigger. then i did the spring reduction mod, removing 2 out of the 3 springs, works great now. trigger is much lighter and a little more crisp. the trigger feels more like my glock g21 now.

(Allegheny County)

the triggers feel like S&W didnt want people to actually shoot them.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Lackawanna County)

switch out the springs for under $10 and they are very good weapons. S&W pays royalties to Glock due to using a few of there patents on this gun.

(Delaware County)

The trigger never bothered me. I learned to shoot handguns a long time ago with double action revolvers. So the Sigma trigger wasn't that big a deal with me,though I admit I was never as accurate with it as a good revolver. Its Reliability that is the most important factor and the Sigma has mixed results with this. I owned or been issued three different ones and each has beem 100% reliable but know others say they've had different results. I even have am earlier one 40C and it is 100% reliable. The grip angle is very comfortable for a fat double stacked pistol.
    The Sigma .380 is not bad. No sharp edges and mine is 100% reliable. It has saved my bacon on two occasions in fact I have one in my pocket right now. I've read the articles about its short life span so only put a box of rounds thru it every 3-4 months.
    Tim

I have always like the feel and reasonable price of a Sigma but I've never like its trigger. Even at a good price I could never get past that to buy one. To me they never came up what I expect from S&W, now the M&P is a good example of what I expect from a S&W.

I also like most of there steel frame autos, not so much the early 39s or 59s series but 3900 and 5900s and up, minus the Sigma.

(Lehigh County)

Here is the trigger spring mod i did, simple to do.
    Attached Files Attached Files

(Lancaster County)

I dont own one right now but I have in the past and a friend of mine currently has one. Yes the trigger sucks but its not that bad, once I got use to it I was shooting mine pretty well. It just takes a little bit to get use to it. Over all i like the sigma and will buy one again if the price is right.

(Allegheny County)

The sigma trigger will get the job done, if that job is putting rounds into an 8" circle at defensive distances. Someone with a long background in DA revolver shooting will probably be able to do better.

If im on my game I can shoot 3-4" groups with proper trigger staging. But if I take something with a SA trigger like a CZ or 1911 I can immediately do better.

I got my Sigma the 9mm version because it was a price point firearm and I was coming from a DA/SA revolver. It served many purposes as a carry, home defense and target pistol.

My most recent and next few pistol purchases will be more specialized. Starting with the LCP for deep concealed carry that I most recently purchased. As of right now I plan on buying a CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical for HD and target shooting then buying a Walther PPS for when I want to carry 9mm OWB with a concealment garment or possibly OC. After that the Sigma will have outlived its usefulness for me and will probably go up for sale. Maybe to buy a Sig P220 just because I want a .45 and to supplement my home defense and carry options.

So the Sigma is a good all around pistol but I don't think it does anything great.
    Last edited by QuackXP; August 31st, 2010 at 09:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast