Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good, reliable FFLs in the State College area

Hey guys,

Found a place to live here in State College, I found Scotia Range, and now the next thing I'm looking for is a good FFL.

Who do you recommend in the area and what do the prices look like?

Thanks

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Good, reliable FFLs in the State College area

Xringshooter is a member here who is also an FFL in the State College area. I've never done any business at his shop, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to if I needed an FFL in that area, or if I lived in the area. He's got an excellent reputation.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Xringshooter is a member here who is also an FFL in the State College area. I've never done any business at his shop, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to if I needed an FFL in that area, or if I lived in the area. He's got an excellent reputation.
    I appreciate it, thanks! Just sent him an IM.

(Lycoming County)

i have done bussiness with Ron (xringshooter)4-5 times. it has all been positive, with not a bad word to say about him or his services.

(Centre County)

I've been using Ron (Xringshooter) exclusively for any transfers for the last few years with only a few exceptions (those were out of the area). He will do face to face w/ 2 people as well as take items shipped in that were bought on line/out of the area. Very easy to get along with and he even holds a man's garage sale twice a year that is geared towards outdoor stuff, guns, hiking, and the like. Best part about Ron is that he's willing to work with my odd hours because of work and doesn't mind an ambulance sitting in his driveway! Use Ron with confidence.

There is also J&E in Bellefonte. I personally think they are wicked over priced for a lot of the stuff they sell but I have done a transfer or two down there as well. I've also experienced some snippy people down there, I don't know if they worked there or just hang out a lot, didn't make me feel comfortable or welcome, that's for sure. The ONLY upside to J&E is that they are a full blown shop and stock firearms/ammo and accessories but alas I have found much better prices for everything online including shipping so that's not a deal maker for me.

YMMV
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post
    I've been using Ron (Xringshooter) exclusively for any transfers for the last few years with only a few exceptions (those were out of the area). He will do face to face w/ 2 people as well as take items shipped in that were bought on line/out of the area. Very easy to get along with and he even holds a man's garage sale twice a year that is geared towards outdoor stuff, guns, hiking, and the like. Best part about Ron is that he's willing to work with my odd hours because of work and doesn't mind an ambulance sitting in his driveway! Use Ron with confidence.

My wife bought more stuff at his spring sale then I did. She loves using Weapon Shield.
    Last edited by B2Luv2Hunt; August 30th, 2010 at 05:40 AM.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Huntingdon County)

Another vote for Ron (Xringshooter).
    I have used him for several transfers and bought several guns from him.
    Great guy to deal with and an even better guy to just hang out and talk with.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog02 View Post
    Great guy to deal with and an even better guy to just hang out and talk with.
    So true! I'm doing another transfer through him tomorrow evening and he has been great in accommodating my scheduling needs!
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Centre County)

Welcome to the area. Stop in and check us out, let us know you are new when you do stop. We have evening hours because we all work day jobs and our prices are competitive with everyone else in the area. Our regular customers will vouch for us . Looking forward to seeing you.
    J & E Guns Inc

(Centre County)

I have been buying almost all my guns and accessories pretty much exclusively from J+E for about 5 years now.
    Everything I have bought has been cheaper then other places. If not, they have always at least match the prices, or throw enough freebees to make it a worthwhile.

I do have to admit that their ammo prices aren't the best, but then places like walmart buys ammo by the truck load, so I can certainly understand that.
    But walmart don't have some odd caliber like 7.7jap or 6.5x51SR that I shoot.

Just go there and shoot shit with them. You'll find that they are just reguler Joe afterall...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast