Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Vickers Tactical 2-Day Level-1 Handgun Class

Quote Originally Posted by matrosov View Post
    Anybody taking a road trip for this course from eastern PA? Where are you guys planning on staying? Makes breakfast time more fun .

What was the announcment by Vickers tactical that was mentioned few posts back?
    Im heading over from Lancaster, PA. Don't know where I'm staying yet. Have you looked into any places?

Vickers Tactical announced that they will be having some introductory pistol and carbine classes that will be taught by accredited LAV instructors. Ask Jay about it, he just so happens to our regional instructor

(Beaver County)

Please feel free to contact me with any questions concerning the range facilities or lodging.

Bleaman I'm stuck between the felicity B&B a mile or so from the range and the Holiday Inn. in Beaver Falls. Can't decide between tried and true and actual chance for relaxation. Maybe Jay can break the tie since he is local to that area .

Since we are on the subject. Jay can you recommend a brand for a pair of decent shooting gloves and the way to properly fit them. Larry's design is a bit of an overkill for me I have smaller hands and really don't need all the molding that goes on the knuckles and palm area. Looking for something more plain yet comfortable and warm. November in Pittsburgh is not the warmest month of the season. One more question since you're on this forum. Concealement garment is optional in this class correct?
    Last edited by matrosov; October 8th, 2010 at 11:38 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

I will look into those places you listed. I know I personally am looking for inexpensive. Haha, poor college kid...

These aren't the warmest gloves but they are what I will be running out there...

Outdoor Research/Massif Overlord Short glove. They fit nice and have no extra material on them. A buddy gave me his unused, mil issued pair (I believe they are made primarily of Nomex and leather) and I've put about 1000rnds down with them on. I like them, especially for free. I wear size medium in Mechanics Gloves and Carhartt gloves. The mediums in these were snug but have broken in nicely.

PM me if you have any specific questions about them, this isn't the place for glove discussions

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by matrosov View Post
    Jay can you recommend a brand for a pair of decent shooting gloves and the way to properly fit them. Larry's design is a bit of an overkill for me I have smaller hands and really don't need all the molding that goes on the knuckles and palm area. Looking for something more plain yet comfortable and warm. November in Pittsburgh is not the warmest month of the season. One more question since you're on this forum. Concealement garment is optional in this class correct?
    Have you seen the shorter "Duty" Vickers gloves?

Anyway if those aren't for you I would recommend simply going to your local sporting goods store (or Wal-Mart) and checking out some batting gloves or golf gloves. Goatskin tends to work best for gun handling. None of the options that allow for dexterity are going to give you a lot of warmth, but you can buy some chemical hand warmers and keep your hands in your pockets between strings of fire.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by bleaman225 View Post
    Vickers Tactical announced that they will be having some introductory pistol and carbine classes that will be taught by accredited LAV instructors. Ask Jay about it, he just so happens to our regional instructor
    Yes indeed. It is a great honor and privilege to be endorsed by LAV to teach his shooting method. I plan several VSM classes for 2011 - standby.

(Beaver County)

The Holiday Inn has a large indoor pool/hot tub/mini golf area as well as a decent bar. It's not just a room and a closed for the winter outdoor pool kind of place.

I didn't know that B&B existed and I've lived in this area my whole life, sorry.

See you at the class.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOilGeek View Post
    The Holiday Inn has a large indoor pool/hot tub/mini golf area as well as a decent bar. It's not just a room and a closed for the winter outdoor pool kind of place.

I didn't know that B&B existed and I've lived in this area my whole life, sorry.

See you at the class.
    Not gonna lie after a couple days in Pittsburgh November an inside pool & hot tub sounds pretty nice...
    Do they have their rates listed on the website?

(Beaver County)

We are ONE MONTH out from this class! There are a couple of slots left so if you are on the fence it's time to click that link!

Quote Originally Posted by bleaman225 View Post
    Not gonna lie after a couple days in Pittsburgh November an inside pool & hot tub sounds pretty nice...
    Do they have their rates listed on the website?
    135 per night. PM me if you're staying there we'll go for a beer Fri night .

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast