Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default PRO-GUN FOAC Voting Guide for NOV 6 election day

Well election day Nov 6 2007 is fast approaching and some firearm owners may be wondering what PRO-GUN candidates they should be for.

Well FOAC ( Firearm Owner Against Crime ) does a wonderful job producing an extensive voter guide for PA firearm owners since the early 1990’s.

They are available here at FOAC web site with down loadable voter guides

http://www.foac-pac.org/

FOAC created is own standard extensive questionnaire, along with grading candidates, they conduct numerous phone or personal follow up interviews to verify answers, their feeling and intentions on upholding their oath in regards to all aspects of the 2 amendment. It includes subjects such as open carry, concealed carry, so called assault weapons, NFA items, FOAC endorsements are not just handed out like some other voters guides may do, they are earned the hard way.

Also if you feel FOAC information is valuable, you should consider joining FOAC or at the very least getting on their mailing list so you can see how they operate and how you can help out protecting your rights. Please check out newsletter link.

FYI on some particular votes FOAC informs elected officials in advance, that if vote on the wrong side of firearm owners it will count as a negative, anti-gun vote against them or they will pull any future endorsement of them. In this way FOAC holds elected representatives feet to the fire like no one else does.

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: PRO-GUN FOAC Voting Guide for NOV 6 election day

That's nice... however they don't have one for my area....

(Mercer County)

Nice but the only one they approve of in my county is someone I would never vote for. Before voting for this person I would mount a write in campaign for Daffy Duck.

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Monroe County)

They had nothing for Monroe county either. So I contacted a number of the people that are supposed to be on the Monroe county ballot and posed the following:
    Hello,

I'm trying to decide which way to vote this November, and would like to know where you stand on the issues of gun control and 2'nd ammendment rights. Simply put, I'm not interested in hearing about cracking down or enforcement. Your record on that speaks for itself. I simply need to know where you stand on issues of gun control and 2'nd ammendment rights. I'm a member of a very large forum related to these issues we would like to know where you stand. But if we do not know, we can't vote for you.

Thankyou,
    I'll let you all know if I get anything back. That said, does anyone know anything about folks on the Monroe ballot?

(Allegheny County)

WhiteFeather, thanks for the link.

These lists help when there's someone on the ballot that I'm not all that familiar with... at least it lets me know how they stand on firearm issues.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cambria County)

It won't open for me. It keeps timing out. Any suggestions?
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Monroe County)

Since information about Monroe county was withheld so far, this is what I have:

Judge John Musmanno for Superior Court: Claims to "strongly believe in the 2nd Amendment and your right to bear arms, and every other Amendment of the Bill of Rights that protects your individual rights and liberties." Also he is endorsed by Mid Penn Sportsmen Association.

No one else has responded yet. I'll edit this post as/if I get more responses.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    Since information about Monroe county was withheld so far, this is what I have:

Judge John Musmanno for Superior Court: Claims to "strongly believe in the 2nd Amendment and your right to bear arms, and every other Amendment of the Bill of Rights that protects your individual rights and liberties." Also he is endorsed by Mid Penn Sportsmen Association.

No one else has responded yet. I'll edit this post as/if I get more responses.

The court seats will be the same regardless of county...

Supreme Court – Open Seats (Vote for TWO)
    Seamus McCaffery (D) Maureen Lally-Green (R)

Superior Court – Open Seats (Vote for TWO)
    Jacqueline Shogan (R) Cheryl Lynn Allen (R)

Supreme Court (Retention)
    Thomas Saylor

Superior Court (Retention)
    Joan Orie Melvin (R)

Shogan and Allen so far have been the only ones to respond to my inquiries, both fashion themselves as strict constructionists and are endorsed by the FOAC.

Famous Seamus is a gun toting biker ex-cop judge, so I'm thinking he'd get my vote anyway.

(Allegheny County)

I called Kim Stolfer today and he said all the voters guides are up except for 5A - (Kim didn't know why its not updated on website, its going to be updated)

http://www.foac-pac.org/

One of way we as firearm owners can hold the politicians feet to the fire to support their oath upholding and defending the Constitution. Is electing or reelecting PRO-GUN people for public office and unelected anti-gunners.

If you think your vote doesn’t count, many of these voter guide offices are decided in lots of cases with less than several hundred votes. That’s right, a single large gun club could decide the outcome of a close election in either the primaries and or general elections. The public elected offices are going to be fill by some candidate, wouldn’t you much rather have it filled by a PRO-GUN person.

SO PLEASE PEOPLE, GO VOTE and MAKE YOU VOICE HEARD on NOV 6, 2007

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" - Plato

If you are a gun owner and you do not VOTE you are NOT part of the solution. YOU are part of the problem.

If for some reason you can't view them or download them please send me a PM with your email addresss and what county you live in and I will email the file directily to you. Probably won't be till monday morning, going to be passing out voter guides at washington county gun show this weekend and droping them off at several gun clubs trying to do my little part for the cause
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; November 2nd, 2007 at 06:05 PM. Reason: mis spelled

(Cambria County)

If you can't download them, just post here, let Whitefeather get something done this weekend, one of us can e-mail them to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast