Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Jefferson County)

Default Local Gunshop really great

I live in a town with one gunshop and a gunsmith shop, used to be great when Dave Manley had The Brookville Gunshop, everything you could ask for and more.

Well I recently went to the local gunshop here looking for items to try and clean and salvage some of my firearms that were damaged in my house fire. The owner talked to me about items he had and recommended one in particular, I chose 4 things and he told his wife to ring them up at his cost, no markup. He thought I had enough to worry about with the fire damage and loss and sold me all the items I wanted at his cost.

I really appreciate a business man doing something like that. Just wanted to acknowledge Iroquois Archery & Firearms in Brookville, PA. Not a big shop, but I was shown a big heart and I am sure what he doesn't have he would find.
    Pooch15825
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Local Gunshop really great

Your post made me feel all warm and fuzzy. It is nice to hear stuff like that.

(Elk County)

Default Re: Local Gunshop really great

The owners of Iroquois Archery & Firearms are nice folks that way, and I have purchased both firearms and supplies there from time to time.

I'd probably buy more there, but I do find it frustrating when trying to make a purchase because the owner frequently can't seem to stop running his mouth about archery topics to standarounds* in order to wait on paying customers. He can't help it, archery is probably his first love. His wife is aware of this and is quick to ask if she can help, if she is there.

Still I like the place and the folks, and after hearing your story I like them even more.

Noah

*standaround -- noun; a person or person that "stands around" a gun shop batting the breeze, using oxygen, and distracting the sales staff, all without making a purchase. Also known as a "drone" or a "klingon."
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.