Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS90X Advert

(Wayne County)

Default PS90X Advert

I believe it's called PS90X, for the most part I had never paid attention to it.
    I have never *heard* the ad before, so when there was a very annoying commercial coming from my speakers, I got confused, I found the source of the annoyance, problem is there was no way to mute or shut the damn thing up.

I'm speaking up about the ad because I think it is bullshit that it randomly spouts off whenever it feels and you can't shut it up or make it stop without leaving this site. Bummer.
    The

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: PS90X Advert

Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary in Pennsylvania View Post
    I think he was complaining about an advert on the site that has audio embedded in it...

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by lildobe View Post
    I think he was complaining about an advert on the site that has audio embedded in it...
    You know, when I first read through I thought "Is this guy complaining on the PAFOA forum that there is a p90x commercial on his tv??!!" Then I thought... wait, maybe... just maybe, there was an ad on the site with embedded audio.

True story..
    III%

(Delaware County)

you can use a plugin like adblock plus to block the ads
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865/
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    you can use a plugin like adblock plus to block the ads
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865/
    But that defeats the purpose of having the ads here on the forum - that is to generate revenue for PAFOA.

I think it would simply be easier to just make sure that none of the ads we allow are evil like that...

(Schuylkill County)

But that defeats the purpose of having the ads here on the forum - that is to generate revenue for PAFOA.

I think it would simply be easier to just make sure that none of the ads we allow are evil like that...
    How many people actually click on ad banners though? They are your basic form of spam. I'd sooner block all of the things out that I'm not looking for. That's partly why I also run noscript...

Sure, boards and sites use the banners for revenue... but that doesn't mean I, as a user, should have to put up with it on any website on the internet.
    III%

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    Sure, boards and sites use the banners for revenue... but that doesn't mean I, as a user, should have to put up with it on any website on the internet.
    Yes... you USE the service. Why should you not be expected to contribute to it in some small way?

I see that you DO subscribe to THIS forum - in which case you won't see most (if any) of the ads on this site. But any other site that doesn't offer subscriptions - they have to pay for hosting, bandwidth, servers, etc.... they pay for all of that through ad revenue and if EVERYONE runs adblocking software, then all of these great sites that we love so much are going to go to a paid-access only model or just shut down entirely.

(Schuylkill County)

Yes... you USE the service. Why should you not be expected to contribute to it in some small way?

I see that you DO subscribe to THIS forum - in which case you won't see most (if any) of the ads on this site. But any other site that doesn't offer subscriptions - they have to pay for hosting, bandwidth, servers, etc.... they pay for all of that through ad revenue and if EVERYONE runs adblocking software, then all of these great sites that we love so much are going to go to a paid-access only model or just shut down entirely.
    Understood, and it is true. However, I have never once clicked on a web ad(anywhere) with intent of purchasing, nor do I find them anything but a nuisance. I'd sooner go to my reliable sources and friends for advice on where to buy things, not spam.. But that's just me..

I don't mind small banners as much, but the ones that makes noise, or the ones that pop out and are almost impossible to close, truly annoy the heck out of me...
    Last edited by NikeBauer21; August 31st, 2010 at 01:54 PM.
    III%

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    They are your basic form of spam.
    I don't see why all forms of advertisement should be conflated with spam. Advertising serves a legitimate purpose, and not all is abusive and excessively intrusive in the way that spam is.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast