Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: FN FiVeSeven

Default Re: FN FiVeSeven

"Kicked in the shins"
    OK make a dick outta me, what are they 20+1 capacity. Get hit with one, let alone 17 if you miss a couple, I think the BG is gonna quit unless he's superman, small/weak .22-ish caliber or not. I would have no problem trusting my life/stopping a BG with one. I think the only reason anyone can really hate on them is price/ammo cost
    and to the dust you shall return

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    do not confuse what that round does when fired out of the carbine length FN P90 personal defense weapon it was originally designed for vs. what it does when fired out of the fiveseven pistol.

many people read about the ballistics of the P90 and think they are the same for the pistol...but, in reality, they are not even close.
    Even the P90 has fallen out of favor, but remains effective when shooting 10 times COM. We as civilians may have legal concerns with that many rounds.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    what are they 20+1 capacity. Get hit with one, let alone 17 if you miss a couple, I think the BG is gonna quit unless he's superman, small/weak .22-ish caliber or not. I would have no problem trusting my life/stopping a BG with one. I think the only reason anyone can really hate on them is price/ammo cost
    there have been many cases of people being hit multiple times with service caliber handguns (including .357mag, even) and not stopping their aggression...it is quite conceivable that a bad guy will take many, many rounds of 5.7 and keep on attacking.

i'm not hating on it...that is just reality.
    F*S=k

"there have been many cases of people being hit multiple times with service caliber handguns (including .357mag, even) and not stopping their aggression..."- LRT
    So what do you carry? A DE .50 or what?
    Last edited by brownman; August 28th, 2010 at 10:22 PM.
    and to the dust you shall return

(Allegheny County)

". . .the amount of tissue disruption produced by the P90 bullet is less than one-third of that produced by a well-designed expanding 9x19mm handgun bullet. . . . the expanded 9mm bullet strikes about three times as much tissue as the P90 bullet at 90 degrees of yaw, and does it throughout most of its path. Thus, the permanent cavity volume produced by the expanded 9mm bullet is many times longer than that produced by the nondeforming P90 bullet. . . the P90 doesn't even come close to matching the wounding capacity of a well-designed expanding 9x19mm handgun bullet. . ....the P90 bullet's wounding potential is about equal to that of the 22 Winchester rimfire magnum bullet." -Martin Fackler MD in a briefing to the FBI(1994)

More later, posting from my phone.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Bucks County)

(Allegheny County)

so... that "tube". Is it bare gel? no clothing or anything? And is it real ballistics gel or some gelatin some guy mixed up (no prob so long as he tells us the specs on it and how it responds to the standard calibration tests).
    and 7 some inches.... in bare gel? I dont see how those guys can say thats doing more than a 9mm.
    Of course Im not suprised some guys who post an a FN dedicated forum found a way to justify their purchases.

FWIW the guy Orion is quoting above, hes one you should listen to.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post

Word. He's got a box named after him.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    "there have been many cases of people being hit multiple times with service caliber handguns (including .357mag, even) and not stopping their aggression..."- LRT
    So what do you carry? A DE .50 or what?
    9mm. but i understand the limitations. all handguns are piss poor manstoppers. but, once you get below 9mm, they are even worse than piss poor at it. (if you are interested, google for FBI handgun ballistics gel tests or something like that.)

if it were practical, i would carry an AR around with me. but it is not practical.

(a DE .50 is not a practical carry gun either. the gun itself is too big to carry comfortably for most people. it would likely zip all the way through the guy--which is bad. it is too hard to get quick accurate follow-up shots because of the recoil. the ammo is too expensive to practice sufficiently with it. and the guns are not all that reliable from what i understand--though i cannot say that from personal experience as i have only ever shot one once.)

(ETA: if i were stuck with FMJ bullets, i would carry .45acp.)
    Last edited by LittleRedToyota; August 28th, 2010 at 10:42 PM.
    F*S=k

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    yes. if there is a single "final word" on ballistics and the wounding capacity of various rounds, it is the word of dr. fackler.
    F*S=k

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast