Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Need a job

(Monroe County)

Question Need a job

I finally am fully retired and out of the Navy and moved up here. Currently I'm waiting for word on a job at Tobyhanna Depot but these things take a while. That being said I need some basic work to get through the next few months.
    FT/PT some over min wage. I can work most retail kind of jobs. Really am a electronics tech by trade. But I don't know house wiring but I could apprentice.

I just need some leads and I'll go talk to them.
    Thanks
    Bob
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Need a job

This is expected. I did say WTH and apply at Harbor Freight.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Northampton County)

Tobyhanna is tough to get into, especially now that most military that are applying are atleast 5 point vets.

This won't help you in the immediate, but alot of sharp technicians that are looking to get into Tobyhanna are going one of two routes. Either contractor services with Northrup Grumman or DS2. I don't see any electronics tech slots for DS2 right now, but NG has a new opening.

https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/...ch.ftl?lang=en
    Requisition ID: 101507304

http://www.ds2.com

If you can make it in as a contractor and develop relationships with Tobyhanna supervisors, it can definitely benefit you.

Are you qualifying on any of the lists?
    Last edited by Scrumpyjack; September 12th, 2010 at 11:25 AM.
    http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/amamruoy/sigline-1-1-1-1.jpg

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigFrank View Post
    Walmart will be ramping up their hiring for the holiday season...if you really are desperate.
    Well at least there would be one person that wouldn't hassle a OC'er there.

but hell's no when I was deployed I would comment I'd rather be there than working retail

Thanks for the info Scrumpyjack. Now that I got my rateing from the VA I can put in for 10pt.