Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Gun Clubs?

(Monroe County)

Default Gun Clubs?

I was wondering if anyone knows of any nice gun clubs in the area that I could join? I am looking for someplace to shoot both pistol and rifle. I do not mind having it be a little ways away, as I am willing to drive if it is decent. I would join the one my friend is in up near quakertown, but they have a mandatory once a month meeting, and with my work and travel schedule, that is impossible. I would not have been able to make any of them for the past 7 months. Anyone who lives around here knows how hard it is to find a nice place to shoot. Sunset Hill blows, and I haven't had many good experiences at the public range.

So I guess my question is, does anyone know of any gun clubs that would take my yearly money, let me come and shoot pretty much any pistol or rifle (both AR and hunting) and not bother me with meetings or sponsorships? Just let me pretty much come and go and enjoy my yearly fee?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Gun Clubs?

Palmerton is probably the nicest but last I heard they aren't taking anymore members

Kunkletown is a decent place, haven't been there in a while but supposedly they added pistol distance targets and a 200 yard backstop?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Blue ridge cherry vallery.... is only a couple of miles from saylorsburg.. i live in saylorsburgs too, great bunch of guys over there. Im looking to rejoin over there myself. Great spot..
    When you think, You think you know!

(Monroe County)

Is "Blue Ridge Cherry Valley" the one with the retractable target and heaters in the pistol range? I want to join that one but cannot find any contact info....just RUMORS!!!!

I live in Saylorsburg and go to the range in Bangor (Blue Mountain Rod & Gun Club), but there is no Rod.......just two shitty looking ranges, one short and one long.

Place is a dump but it only costs $10 a year, and I have never seen anyone there when I go (10am on Saturday or Sunday)

(Northampton County)

Roseto Rod and Gun Club is very nice. It's located on 191 just north of Roseto. There's a sign along 191 leaving Roseto on Shooktown Rd. It has pistol, rifle, and archery ranges along with a trout pond. It's $40 to join and $25 a year afterward. It's open everyday. It has a bar and banquet facilities as well.
    Have fun......nobody's going to do it for you

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2xShooter View Post
    Is "Blue Ridge Cherry Valley" the one with the retractable target and heaters in the pistol range? I want to join that one but cannot find any contact info....just RUMORS!!!!
    Have you ever heard of search engines called "Goggle, Yahoo, Bing, etc?

Just type in Blue Ridge Cherry Valley Gun Club...BINGO!

http://www.brcv-gun.org/

It's that easy!

(Northampton County)

Where you referring to the Blue Mountain Rod & Gun Club on Rutt rd in Bangor. I know its not much but I'm looking for info on how much and how to join because its literally only a few hundred yards from my home. Thanks.

(Monroe County)

Stockertown Rod & Gun Club isn't bad. Right off 33 near Nazareth. Usually empty. Only $36 a year to join. You can look them up in a search if interested.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer