Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default KRISS with TacPac?

Has anyone bought the TacPac option offered by TDI? I'm considering the SBR with the threaded barrel and I have seen some comments in regards to preferences on sights and lights but I have not seen comments on the kit offered by TDI.

Any suggestions?

(Washington County)

Default Re: KRISS with TacPac?

I only know of one person with the Kriss, will email him and tell him to stop over.

(Allegheny County)

To be honest it is not worth it. It is cheaper to get stuff you want and better stuff.

I have an eotec 512 that I picked up for only $250.

I don't like the grip pod so that is useless.

I did buy the light adapter but regret it a bit. The recoil, back and forth motion can cause the set screw to come loose. Since it is metal screwed into a polymer plastic housing. Other issue is the tape switch. It can snag on stuff.

I would recommend just getting one side rail and get a Surefire x300 or scoutlight.

The tac sling is not worth the money. Magpul MS2 is a better sling.

(Bucks County)

Thanks! You just save my some $.

(Bucks County)

Where did you find an eotec 512 for that price!? I'm yet to see one for less than $400.

In case I decide to get the bipod, I assume any grip/bipod that attaches to picatinny rails works correct? Is the only light that fits in the light adapter the one that TDI sells? Why don't you like the bipod? Is that a personal preference or an issue with the one TDI sells?

Thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by YZF-R1; August 25th, 2010 at 07:47 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by YZF-R1 View Post
    Where did you find an eotec 512 for that price!? I'm yet to see one for less than $400.

In case I decide to get the bipod, I assume any grip/bipod that attaches to picatinny rails works correct? Is the only light that fits in the light adapter the one that TDI sells? Why don't you like the bipod? Is that a personal preference or an issue with the one TDI sells?

Thanks for all your help.
    I got it used at a local gun store. But it looked brand new. Just shop around. Try gunbroker.com or ebay. Best advice I have to avoid the chinese bootlegs is to always ask to see the Serial number. All Eotecs are serialized.

The Kriss bottom rail is a slightly odd width. my SOG grip didnt fit until I shaved a little bit off the grip. Make sure you get grips that have adjustable clamps. I have a modified Magpul angled foregrip on mine. Super comfy. But I had to trim the part that slides onto the rail. Grip pods should be ok obviously. I had a replica for airsoft and tried it out for my sniper rifle. I found the grip too long and when the legs popped open, the height off the ground was too tall for prone shooting. something to look into is to check the height when deployed and see if it clears the extended mag.

The light adapter only works with one type of light. Surefire E-series lights. now the way adapter is designed is particular to only E1X lights. Basically E1B or E1E. You need to use the UE07 and tapeswitch to operate the light. There are aftermarket options that can open the possibilities to a wider range.

The E1 body is just a housing for the battery. Normally you use the E1B head and a CR123 battery. It has dual output. 80 lumens and 5 lumens.

Rechargeable CR123 batteries can be used with a different Surefire head like the scoutlight KX2C which puts out about 150 lumens on that type of battery

I have an aftermarket 1xcell extender that goes inbetween the head and body of the light thus making it a 2xcell light. Now you can use any of Surefire E2 heads.

You can even use the V-series head from the M600V. It fits e-series bodies and is a very bright 200 lumens and switches to a bright IR light.

there are also custom dropins and customizers out there that can make an E-series light crank out serious light. Like upwards to the 600 lumens range. Think of them like cars. they swap in bigger and more effecient LEDS like people swap engines into cars.

(Bucks County)

Sounds like material for a sticky on light selection :-)

Thanks a lot!