Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Do you carry at work?

I am starting a new job soon and I was thinking about carrying to work or not. I will be working in a large office building. It's not in a bad area and im not too concerned about actually needing it at the office, but rather for my commute/other places visited going to and from work. So do you carry at work? Also what type of environment is your work? (office, construction, retail, etc)

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Do you carry at work?

Who me?

I work in an office and have a PA and Utah Permit.

in this situation CC means no one has to know unless you need your firearm and at that point all other concerns are secondary...
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Luzerne County)

For some folks, discussing carry at work could prove to be a very bad idea.

I only responded to someone about the possible consequences of carrying at work (never said I carry at work, which I do not) and this happened to me:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/52...hed-today.html
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; August 26th, 2010 at 10:55 AM.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Pike County)

I CC in my center city office.
    Je suis déplorable

(Berks County)

I work in construction and carry when I can. I haven't for a while because I work in residential and don't want to carry into people's house's without permission.

(Berks County)

i carry at work whenever i can. i work at a body shop, so when i'm in the booth spraying it is much more of an inconvenience than anything, since sometimes i'm basically crawling on my knees to reach the underside of some panels.

my job has recently shifted more towards office work and management of an offshoot custom paint business so when i'm in the office i do carry most of the time. my boss and everyone i work with knows i'm into guns, but none of them actually know that i carry while at work, but i think they have an idea. we have a frequent customer that most of the time ends up acting like a stalker. he creeps the hell out of the office girls and has made some seriously f***ed up comments.

one day a few months ago without any warning whatsoever, he brought in a real H&K MP5SD and just set it on the counter. he wanted to know if we could epoxy a rail for him. it was clearly a 'look what i got!' move, and completely uncalled for in an office setting. my boss turned to me after he left and said 'you have my permission to bring in any weapon you want and keep it with you... that guy is a psycho.'

so yeah, i carry at work.

(Lehigh County)

I work in an office, in the PRNJ, on a Federal Military Installation.... I don't even have finger nail clippers on me, in my truck, or in my desk.

If anything would happen at work, the only thing I could do is give the BG a stern look or flip them off in a last act of defiance....
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

I work in an office environment in which I am constantly visiting client sites to conduct business for anywhere from 1 week to multiple months at a time. I also travel quite frequently out of state, and it becomes difficult to know where I'll be from one week to the next. Because of these circumstances I find it incredibly inconvenient to carry at work.

It's okay though, because I work during the day, and bad things only happen at night

(Allegheny County)

Oddly enough, now that I'm working for myself, I still don't carry "at work".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Discussing carry at work could prove to be a very bad idea.

I only gave someone else an answer about the legality and possible consequences of carrying at work (never said I carry at work, which I do not) and this happened to me:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/52...hed-today.html
    Agreed. The internet doesn't give you anonymity as some might think. It's fairly easy to figure out who's who with the right tools and know how. If you work for a company that does not allow you to carry I wouldn't advise saying word one about it in a public forum. People lose their jobs over shit they say on the internet all the time. An employer that I may or may not work for actually has a department dedicated to this. Well, that and making sure employees aren't stealing product and selling it on Ebay.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast