Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AWWWWWWW CRAP

Default AWWWWWWW CRAP

Went trap shooting tonight I was finally going to have a chance to shoot some doubles for a change. Added a fiber optic magnetic sight to the SXS. Set it on the ventilated rib push it up against the front bead and your good to go. Since I had not shot doubles in three years i was not do to good, but i was having fun.
    Got to station 4 for no problems till the last set put the gun up and something is wrong shoot and go to station 5. Put the gun up and darn it the fiber optics are gone. Shoot put it for the next bird and the front bead is gone too. AWW CRAP. Shot all of 5 with out any front sight. I would be a hungry man after that set.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

Default Re: AWWWWWWW CRAP

It's a shotgun, who needs a sight?

I used to have a fiber optic on my shotgun. Ditched it two years ago, and my scores definitely improved. Nothing but the rib for me.

(Armstrong County)

That EXACT same thing happened to my friend at the local trap shoot! His fiber optic insert popped out and we looked and looked until we found it. Its safely secured with super glue now

Okay, that just sucks big time.

I've become very fond of my shotgun glow thingy.

So fond of my glow thingy that I'm ditching the idea of getting an 18 1/2 for hd because it doesn't have a rib to attach my glow thingy. I'm opting for a 20 since its got the rib and I can attach my glow thingy.

I've become very attached to my glow thingy.

I hope my shotgun glow thingy STAYS attached!

The kid pulling trap found the fiber optic sight when he was picking up the shot shell hulls so all I need to do is get a new bead. I have tried not using a front site on a shotgun and it never worked for me. A lot of people say you don't aim a shotgun you point one. If I point it I have a hard time hitting the broad side of the barn.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Clinton County)

My wife and I still just use whiteout on the sight. Then she uses clear fingernail polish to cover the whiteout. Works for us. I hope she does not see any fiber optic sights. I know she would want to get some.
    Last edited by B2Luv2Hunt; August 25th, 2010 at 05:36 AM.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    So fond of my glow thingy that I'm ditching the idea of getting an 18 1/2 for hd because it doesn't have a rib to attach my glow thingy. I'm opting for a 20 since its got the rib and I can attach my glow thingy.

Just for your info they make glowy thingy's that attach to non-ribbed shotgun barrels. My 18 1/2 barrel for HD has a glowy thingy on it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ByAnyMeans View Post
    Just for your info they make glowy thingy's that attach to non-ribbed shotgun barrels. My 18 1/2 barrel for HD has a glowy thingy on it right now.
    LOL!

Well besides being very attached to my glow thingy, I'm also attached to the ribbed barrel. I don't know, maybe I'll get an 18 1/2 and have the smith add a rib.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    LOL!

Well besides being very attached to my glow thingy, I'm also attached to the ribbed barrel. I don't know, maybe I'll get an 18 1/2 and have the smith add a rib.

Everybody gets attached to something. It may be easier (do your self) or cheaper if a smith was needed to cut down a longer ribbed barrel than add a rib to a short barrel. Just a suggestion.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jokusfocus View Post
    It's a shotgun, who needs a sight?
    That reminds me of the time I was shooting trap with my 870 Wingmaster deer. I fired the shotgun and the rear sight came off and hit me in the forehead!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast