Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: One in the Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by JB19Kilo View Post
    Knife to the racking hand.
    Do you REALLY think you are that fast and attacker is that stupid, that you'll be able to draw while he hangs by you at the stabbing distance, waiting for you to draw?
    Je suis déplorable

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    If Metz has that much confidence, I'd like to meet him to get some pointers. Sincerely, no disrespect intended.
    Sure. But on one condition - I'll expect some pointers on how on earth (and what are the odds) can someone possibly approach you with such precise timing, that you'll have a second to draw and won't have fraction of it to rack.

Otherwise, I'm in CC Philly and totally open for lunch or just cup of coffee any business day and will be happy to meet any of you in person
    Je suis déplorable

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Being one of the alleged remaining 5% I'd say that if you can see yourself in the situation, where you have a second to draw and don't have a fraction of a second to rack - your tactics sucks. So one better work on that, instead of entertaining himself with false sense of security.

I wonder when "cops carry +1" argument will pop up. We all know they don't care about our rights, don't know the law and suck at the firing line. But when it comes to the carry mode they are experts all of a sudden
    So what do you do if you only have one free hand? What if your adversary has grabbed your arm....or you are holding his arm which has a knife or gun away from you, how are you gonna draw and charge your weapon one handed?

(Monroe County)

That shirt over your CC, that thumb break or release, moving from a chair or changing position. Where does it end. Just carry it in your hand then there's no issue.

(Blair County)

Personally I think if you dont feel safe with a round chambered in your carrry gun, then you need to pick a better carry gun.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    So what do you do if you only have one free hand? What if your adversary has grabbed your arm....or you are holding his arm which has a knife or gun away from you, how are you gonna draw and charge your weapon one handed?
    Again, are you seriously expecting, that the actor (who already grabbed your arm) will wait until you draw, or you'll be able to stall him with your weak hand?
    Je suis déplorable

(Blair County)

Sure. But on one condition - I'll expect some pointers on how on earth (and what are the odds) can someone possibly approach you with such precise timing, that you'll have a second to draw and won't have fraction of it to rack.

Otherwise, I'm in CC Philly and totally open for lunch or just cup of coffee any business day and will be happy to meet any of you in person
    Do you cross the street to avoid a thug looking person who is walking towards you? Do you draw when he is 21 feet away just to warn him...or like the rest of us do you just keep walking and be prepared for a sucker punch or a quick turn as he passes you and pulls a knife? I guess I have dealt with this too many time growing up in DC. It almost impossible to keep a determined strongarm robber from getting in swinging distance, without just drawing on people because of the way they look before they have acted.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    Personally I think if you dont feel safe with a round chambered in your carrry gun, then you need to pick a better carry gun.
    And you, of course, is much smarter and more experienced than those, who wrote gun safety rules, including the one, than says "Mechanical safety may and will fail".
    Je suis déplorable

(Blair County)

Again, are you seriously expecting, that the actor (who already grabbed your arm) will wait until you draw, or you'll be able to stall him with your weak hand?
    he wont be waiting, we will be engaged in battle.....at least I have a chance....even if you could draw that would be the end of your fight. If I can draw I can shoot.
    The actual answer is yes. Its happened. Ive been jumped many times as a teen. Ive been stabbed once and shot once. Ive escaped unscathed (or slightly injured) on at least 5 occasions.
    The main point is It MIGHT give me a tactical advantage to have the gun charged. I cannot see any tactical advantage to NOT having it charged, unless its a POS gun that I dont trust....like a keltec p3at.....I couldnt feel confident carrying that in my pocket charged....so I sold it.

(Blair County)

And you, of course, is much smarter and more experienced than those, who wrote gun safety rules, including the one, than says "Mechanical safety may and will fail".
    I guess thats what I am saying. Yes.

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast