Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    (Armstrong County)

Default Re: One in the Chamber

Oh and also remember that adrenaline makes fine motor skills very hard so how are you going to manage to get a small rear sight to catch on the side of the holster to rack it? If you CC how are you going to be able to get to your holster at all to rack the slide without moving your cover garment without your injured arm with the weapon still in your strong hand?

If you don't have one in the chamber you're gun is unloaded. An unloaded gun may as well be a 2 x 4.
    Now I can't comment on the +1 since I don't carry +1 because I'm constantly having to load and unload my firearm while going from one place I can legally carry to the next and having to transport in the console of my truck along the way lol
    Come Jan 1st 2012 you bet your but I'll be carrying +1 though

I didn't feel comfortable at first but that feeling was short lived.

You carry a gun for any possible bad scenario. It just makes sense to carry chambered for any possible bad scenario.

16 + 1 or 10 + 1, depending on which mag I'm carrying.

I would recommend taking a handgun class, something like handgun 101. It will teach you to be comfortable with your gun, teach you retention skills. If your comfortable with your gun, have good retention skills, you'll have no issues carrying with one in the chamber.

Carrying without one in the chamber is about as cool as cancer.
    Bazinga

(Lancaster County)

Every weapon I have carried has always has a round in the chamber. Whether it was a Glock 19, Kimber Ultra Carry II, or now a Glock 26. There simply isn't much sense in not carrying with a round loaded.
    P229- 40 S&W

(Monroe County)

I carry my 1911s cocked and locked, I carried my PT145s round in safety on, my revolvers full cylinder, but my glock no round in chamber.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack784 View Post
    I guess the better question is why are you so afraid of keeping one in the camber? Are you afraid of your gun jumping out of its holster and going off by itself? I mean seriously, there are plenty of disadvantages to not carrying +1 and virtually none when it comes to keeping a round in the chamber.
    I have no reason to doubt that Metz can walk the walk, but I was thinking the same thing. That's a lot of stuff going on and it seems like a solution in search of a problem for me. I like to keep it simple, I have enough to work on and little to work with.

Also, more than one person gets to vote on tactics. If Metz has that much confidence, I'd like to meet him to get some pointers. Sincerely, no disrespect intended.

(Lehigh County)

Heres my take on all this guys. I carry +1 at nighttime. for reason's already posted such as, what if Two people come up 2 you and grab your weakarm? and don't give me this "Well thats bad SA" no.. its called real life and NO-ONE on here is a Ninja. Well if they do.. u can't rack your gun. same with having a hand injured.

I don't carry +1 in the daytime, because of having to unload and blah blah. it gets old. my number 1 thing I practice is drawing and racking. I carry a Tactical XD, and I just feel safer not carrying a chambered round in the day time because then think of this side of the coin... all of you that do carry a chambered round. What do you think the 1st thing a person is gonna do if they take your gun from you?? They are going to pull the trigger..after they point it at you.

No I know you can say.. "Oh well Jonny over here had that happen and this happened instead..." thats great.

Its proven when a BG takes someones firearm 87% of the time.. they are going to pull the trigger. (NOT rack the slide or check the weapon being heat of moment)

I say maybe that extra second might help me get it back IF that ever happens and lets hope it doesnt. I have met full grown men that can't rack my slide. (it is REALLY tough though) So this to me is a Sensible reason not to carry a chambered round. Although you might say "Well hell all they have to do is rack the slide.. " As I said read my previous statement, and in the heat of things they aren't going to be thinking about checking/racking it. They are thinking. !SHOOT!

(Lancaster County)

carry a revolver. now you don't have to agonize over having one chambered or not.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by KAL101 View Post
    Oh and also remember that adrenaline makes fine motor skills very hard...
    And that's when you are trying to draw your loaded gun...

Funny
    Je suis déplorable

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast