Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

complaint solved
    Last edited by carr33; November 6th, 2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: complant solved

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: buy from this guy at your on risk

Quote Originally Posted by carr33 View Post
    On 3-3-12 I order an fn57 from gun dealer online. Com. At the time, on their web sight, they said that they hade 16 of these in stock. This is the why I ordered from them, because they said they had them, they did not have any. The gun was shipped FedEx, who they claimed lost the order. I have no proof that the order was ever shipped or not shipped. I never received a notice that it was sent and they promised to send such a notice with a tracking number. They then proceeded to try and get me another one until I canceled the order on 7-3-12. John, the owner, told me that I would receive a refund in 72 hours. I am still waiting for my refund and they have been stonewalling ever since. John then was going to mail me a check and they claim the mail lost it. I am not sure that a check was ever mailed. John claims that he is working to get me my money but I do not believe them anymore. I have even offered to pay to send me my money next day air and I do not seem to be able to get a response for them. The owner will never return my calls, reply to e-mails, or let me know what is going with the refund. I talk to the salesman Jeff, but he can’t tell what he doe’s not known. He has tried to be helpful. It looks like they are trying to clip me for $ 1069.95. I have been trying to get my refund since 7-3-12 and now it is 9-18-12 and there does not seem to be an end in sight. I had put off filing a complaint with BBB, but had to do so to try to retrieve my money. They took my money in good faith, and I expected them to return the money in the same way. BBB gives them an A rating but now it is at D- due to my complaint.
    If you are smart, you will never do business with Gun Dealer Online.com.They will take your money, but there is no guaranty that you will ever get your product or your money back.
    That sucks - hope they man up ! That is why I always use a credit card when ordering on line - if they give any crap, you just call your cc company and stop the transaction or charge him back for it! I don't think the BBB will help much, they are pretty much useless. Have you tried calling the news station in the town they are located in - maybe they have one of those eager consumer reporters that salivate over stories like this and going to his business to ambush him ! Maye the attorney generals office where he is too? Good luck!

(Lancaster County)

this IS the shop in lancaster, right? if so, good luck man they seem very shifty and shady in there. they got me once already i feel for you.
    I have had surprisingly few homeless people hire me. - GunLawyer001

I with Cruzans -- Use a Credit Card and let them fight it out, The BBB is as He said, Useless. Call the AG and anybody else that will listen. Don't know whether it would help, But I'd try the BATFE and see what they say.

Good Luck.....I thought my life Sucked

TJB
    Recoil Happens

Yea thats complete bs. I agree with what cruzans said. Get a chargeback through your cc. It will be back in your account in no time and they will have no choice. Don't let it go on too long because you only have a certain amount of time. Maybe they are trying to stall you?

(Berks County)

I used to deal with GunDealerOnline, in fact I've bought over 10 guns from them. You think they'd treat me decent? No, same old who gives a shit about you ... Haven't stepped foot through their doors in over a year, don't plan on ever going back either.

(Allegheny County)

If I was going to buy a gun online. I would buy it from out of state to not pay tax. If I was going to buy a gun available in PA. I would buy it from one of the local dealers that treat me well to support local businesses.

"buying online" from a dealer in PA would be my absolute last resort opposed to gun broker.

Between the 2 or 3 shops I frequent they have been able to get me things I can't even find online at least twice.

Always use a CC even if they up charge you 2-3%. The 2-3% will seem like pennies when you make a $1k+ purchase that never shows up. Really sorry you are getting dicked around OP. I used to hear these stories in the custom car parts scene. It usually is the result of shops poorly owned and managed, or they are thieves. Sometimes both.

From the other people who chimed in, it seems like this is business as usual for this place. I wish you the best of luck in getting your firearm, or your $ back.

(York County)

Another dissatisfied customer. I can't believe these guys are still in business, they've screwed so many people including myself. I was lucky to only get ripped for a $50 transfer when they said it would be $25. Those shitheads never got another dollar out of my pocket since. Sorry about your luck man, people need to stay clear of that place!

(Montgomery County)

They seem shady to me too. Went to their store in lancastor and did a transfer there with a member, I was getting looked at like I was a criminal about to stick up the place. There was one guy who seemed ok, but other than that, I wasn't getting a good vibe from the place. It was my first and last time there.

(Bucks County)

Consider posting at www.ripoffreport.com Just know it's PERMANENT, though you can post a follow-up. Don't threaten to do it--- that can be considered extortion. Do it, then let them know you've done it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast