Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Clayton's Hunting and Fishing

I meant to post this a couple weeks ago, but Clayton's is great.

I went to browse the shelves and they were very helpful. Went into the range. It was nice and bright. The booths felt a little small. Because of this I was getting some serious ricochets of brass off the divider. It was hitting everywhere. I even got a couple down my shirt.

The guys there were nice and willing to show me anything I wanted. They were friendly from the second i walked in the door.

Also had a lot of fun playing with Mags. She loves to chase that squeaky ball.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Montgomery County)

Traded two guns there got good deals.First gun was a beretta tomcat was traded for a Kimber pro carry got 300 towards trade.Second gun was a SW
    9mm traded for a xd9 sub got 350 towards trade (CP offer me 100 ) also got 1hr range time on each trade no complains here.Guys I dealt with were nice even Tom give me no hard time.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by stefano225 View Post
    9mm traded for a xd9 sub got 350 towards trade (CP offer me 100 ) also got 1hr range time on each trade no complains here.Guys I dealt with were nice even Tom give me no hard time.
    If I'm not mistaken, then your rentals will be free too, when you are buying that day. Probably including the full autos.
    Je suis déplorable

When I was younger and shot 4H archery, I needed an emergency re-fletching of some arrows for the state competition. We took them to Clayton's and asked if we paid a little extra could we get them done immediately. Not only would the owner's son not charge us anything extra, he dropped them off at my house that evening after he finished them, which is a half hour from the shop. This was probably 10 years ago.

I haven't been to Clayton's in a couple years because I haven't had the cash to spend but I don't have anything bad to say about them. If they have a range now I might have to venture down and check it out.

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by RyanRevolution View Post
    Ah, that guy, that pudgy bastard is the guy I dealt with and he gave me nothing but attitude. I like AKs and ARs and he goes to insult me by saying "its not like the movies, AKs are pieces of junk that are extremely inaccurate, they jam and there just bad" then when I asked to see a gun he says "you jerking me around kid?". I asked to see a Glock Gen 4 he goes "you never seen a glock kid? They are all the same".

Their prices are heavily inflated and they have sucky staff they suck. They just order stuff from AIM surplus and mark it up unreasonably . Never seen such disrespect or lack of knowledge in a gun store.

Then when leaving the other big fat guy says " you done good kid and were responsible" as I am treated like it is the first time I have ever touched a gun. Condescending guys, spend your money elsewhere, just my opinion and like this guy said, you might get shot with irresponsible staff.
    I won't deny that Clayton's has treated some people this way, but...

It's funny, because I've been treated the same way (twice) at Classic Pistol - both times I've gotten the whole "Mr. Tough Guy" attitude from the manager/owner/bossman - I ask to see a gun, and I get a rant about how this thing is a POS, or, only an idiot would use this type of ammo, or, "why would you want that?"

If it's one thing I can't stand about gun shops, it's the "my penis is bigger than yours" personalities behind the counter that seem to a be a dime a dozen. Classic Pistol certainly has some of that, but I expect it. Just like I expect it at any gunshop.

My point is, what gunshop doesn't bust your balls?

You have to have thick skin to not be offended...

(Berks County)

I am going to go out on a limb and say that, recently, I broke my self-made promise and have returned to Clayton's a few times. With new personnel, and one who's been absent for some time (which is a very good thing), the store seems to have made a turn-around in regard to dealings with customers (or at least it seemed that way to me). The new range is beautiful, the range manager seems to be very well-informed and eager to help customers, and the old man, while still a bit gruff, isn't screaming at the family anymore (at least while I was there). Additionally, their prices weren't bad - I purchased an Arsenal Saiga while there for an very reasonable price. Tentatively, I won't mind recommending them.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb and say that, recently, I broke my self-made promise and have returned to Clayton's a few times. With new personnel, and one who's been absent for some time (which is a very good thing), the store seems to have made a turn-around in regard to dealings with customers (or at least it seemed that way to me). The new range is beautiful, the range manager seems to be very well-informed and eager to help customers, and the old man, while still a bit gruff, isn't screaming at the family anymore (at least while I was there). Additionally, their prices weren't bad - I purchased an Arsenal Saiga while there for an very reasonable price. Tentatively, I won't mind recommending them.
    I'M COMIN', ELIZABETH!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jakebrake; July 26th, 2011 at 06:22 PM.

(Pike County)

Got spare 16 round mag there today for my XD9sub. Paid 5 bucks less than Tanners are asking. Surprised is not the word

And I agree, their attitude did change in the past few years. In the good way.
    Je suis déplorable

Wow. Just read this thread after ordering and taking delivery of a new Glock and ordering, paying and am now waiting for my tax stamp on a AR can from Claytons. Found Tom to be a bit crusty, but his prices beat Classic Pistol's and the service was fine. The can was a special order so Tom had to front the cash, but he did not whinge. Glad my experiences were among the more recent, better ones.

(Montgomery County)

Tom is a bit crusty but he is funny in a old codger sort of way. I have bought several guns there this year and they were willing to negotiate down. The rest of the staff and Clayton's son are all very helpful good guys and know guns so I continue to go back regularly. Ed knows a lot and helped set up the range and is enthusiastic about guns. They also have fair prices for range ammo (not quite like CheaperThanDirt) but close enough and they gave me a fair trade towards a Kimber that I got last summer. I have no problem going there and would recommend them but just be ready for a snarky comment from Tom and laugh.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast