Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Clayton's Hunting and Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by G10mm View Post
    Never had a problem at Clayton's And when I had a problem with a gun It was taken care of . The range is getting done .
    i was told 8 months ago june... then when i was in there ordering ammo i overheard them still ordering parts to make the "stalls" so i am not holding my breath... plus i joined CPI so i dont mind the extra 20 minute drive.
    "you cant fight zombies with good intentions"

My Feedback:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JB19Kilo View Post
    The better question, to save bandwidth, would be, "Has anybody had a positive experience there"? Not many have!
    I have. It's near my office so I stop in once in a while at lunch. I have found good prices on 9 mm ammo and just bought a used Buckmark this week.

I can see that he is a bit surly but I am from Philly so I am used to it. I have never seen anyone be outright rude.

I don't leave there feeling like I have been hugged and sprinkled with love and affection but neither do I feel mistreated.

(Bucks County)

they either seem to have an attitude or not even care, usually playing shitty video games like doom instead of helping customers.

i think a big part of it is that they have to deal with ghetto people alot

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    they either seem to have an attitude or not even care, usually playing shitty video games like doom instead of helping customers.

i think a big part of it is that they have to deal with ghetto people alot
    the drive to CPI is well worth it. i would gladly pay double for ammo not to have to step foot in that god damn place... I am the customer... treat me like it. i keep YOU in business, if you close down, i will go somewhere else.

your user name looks familiar
    "you cant fight zombies with good intentions"

My Feedback:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html

(Montgomery County)

I went to Clayton's once against the advise of everyone on the base who stated not to.
    They were right. Obnoxious attitudes towards the customer and employees that for some reason think they are billy badass because they are fat.

(Bucks County)

I went in there, I am 18 and not new to firearms. I was treated with very condescending attitudes and the prices made me laugh. I was told I had to spend about $2000-$3000 to get a decent AK. I asked to see a Micro Uzi and the guy behind the counters says to me " you know kid, its not like the movies, you ever shoot a full auto before?". This surprised me the most because the Micro was a semi auto only and it had nothing to do with anything so he either thought it was full auto or was pushing some dumbass persona onto me, thinking I think all weapons are selective fire. I also overhead a man talking about selling his Norinco Uzi variant and Colt AR15 20" HBAR and Claytons might as well offered him a piece of bubblegum and a shinny penny.

That same day, I went to Tanners and could not believe the sharp difference in both knowledge and respect. Everything at Claytons is a rip off, $8 Bulgarian steel AK mags with a price tag of $25 in store. I would never give a penny to Claytons.

(Bucks County)

it's almost a shame. the attitude didn't used to be that way. the move to 611 seems to have made it worse ten-fold. i had gone in there for years with my father, then the move happened. the attitude went to hell. i went back a couple times hoping it had gotten better, it was far worse. i won't even buy fishing equipment there anymore (and i bought a lot of fishing equipment). they opened a range....yay.

you hate to see people go out of business, but, if they bring in on themselves with sheer arrogance, you can only take pity so far.

there are plenty of good shops in the area. may i strongly suggest giving your business to them.

i wish clayton's luck, but, nobody deserves treatment the way they treat their customers.

Someone asked me once my opinion of Clayton's, and I summed it up by saying, "I could be fighting a rear guard action on 611 against the zombie hordes advancing northward, run out, and not run in to Clayton's if they were giving out free ammo."

Or, similarly, you could just say that they threw in with Jon, and leave it at that.

(Montgomery County)

I go to the range there quite frequently and never had issues. employees were always pleasant and let me see guns I wanted without issue. their prices for bullets are on par with walmart's (atleast the 9mm fmj are)

(Bucks County)

Haven't purchased a firearm there but have used their range and bought ammo. Always enjoyed my interaction with the staff.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast