Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: New Shop Delco Shooting Supply

Its funny, because I first posted on this thread back in late 2010. I poke my head in the store maybe early 2011, and while the owner was real nice, the store was tiny with a handful of guns and stuff. I visited again the other day and the store is much bigger and better.

I have a question for the owner though. Are you guys doing training out of that store. I seen that you are doing reloading classes. I'm looking to get training from a certified instructor so I can get a non resident permit in either Florida or Utah, so I can carry in Delaware.

(Delaware County)

had Dave do another transfer today was smooth and easy. I like what he has done with the place added a bunch of new things glad to see his business doing well.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay2125 View Post
    had Dave do another transfer today was smooth and easy. I like what he has done with the place added a bunch of new things glad to see his business doing well.
    I was the other party of that transfer. I was very happy to see the store expanded. Hopefully they will be around for a long time.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Montgomery County)

I've done a few transfers there now and my wife bought a GSG 1911 from them. I don't mind paying a little more if its to a local store owner. I look forward to many more purchases from them.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

(Delaware County)

The owner of the store appears to be skillful enough to take advantage and cash in in an area of the county which is not exactly fertile with gun stores. Now, if there is any entreprenuers out there interesting in opening a store, the Havertown, Springfield, Marple area would be another gold mine, even though the rents would be higher.
    Last edited by c45man; June 1st, 2012 at 12:36 PM.

(Bucks County)

I went there today to get some ammo since its close to work. They were very polite and their prices for ammo are competitive to even online retailers of ammunition. I will probably go there for my future ammo needs.

(Delaware County)

His ammo would even be less expensive if he took advantage of his passion of reloading and sold remanufactured ammo. I asked him about it that prospect and he anwered by saying that the liability insurance would be too high. Real shame. Years back it would be common place for stores to sell reloaded ammo, even if such ammo was not a product of the particular store. Well, that is the world we live in with vicious civil litigation.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Double Action has a nice range but they make you buy all your ammo there and their ammo prices are, of course, very high.

Miller's in Linwood is a nice little store but they are thinking of retiring soon last I talked to them. I am all for a new shop in Delco and look forward to stopping by!
    I've shot at Double Action several times. As long as you buy some ammo there (e.g., 1 box) you can also use your own. It's a small operation and they have to make money so I don't mind. It's worth it not to have to deal with the crowds and chaos at Target Master.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    I've shot at Double Action several times. As long as you buy some ammo there (e.g., 1 box) you can also use your own. It's a small operation and they have to make money so I don't mind. It's worth it not to have to deal with the crowds and chaos at Target Master.
    Well Gman, is that the latest double action policy? Their policies seem to change with the sifting sands. Or maybe, its different rules depending on the individual. I was a member there many years ago. At my tiime of membership, the owner stated to me that I could bring in outside ammo, but no reloads. I agreed and contiuned shooting there for 10 months under the noses of the two individuals that had vested interest in the operation.

One day, the owner must have had a vision to suddenly change the policy. The man that I made the agreement with came into the range and raised hell with me for bringing in outside ammo. Of course, he denied that such agreement was ever made. A weekend employee advised me that the ownership was notorious for such midstream policy changes and a member of the pistol league stated to me that he was able to bring in outside ammo. Needless to say, I did not renew my membership.
    I went to target master and gladly tolerated their chaos, which at least, was consistant.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Well Gman, is that the latest double action policy? Their policies seem to change with the sifting sands. Or maybe, its different rules depending on the individual. I was a member there many years ago. At my tiime of membership, the owner stated to me that I could bring in outside ammo, but no reloads. I agreed and contiuned shooting there for 10 months under the noses of the two individuals that had vested interest in the operation.

One day, the owner must have had a vision to suddenly change the policy. The man that I made the agreement with came into the range and raised hell with me for bringing in outside ammo. Of course, he denied that such agreement was ever made. A weekend employee advised me that the ownership was notorious for such midstream policy changes and a member of the pistol league stated to me that he was able to bring in outside ammo. Needless to say, I did not renew my membership.
    I went to target master and gladly tolerated their chaos, which at least, was consistant.
    I've shot there maybe a dozen times over the past year or so. I can't address any inconsistent polices as I've not experienced any. The first time I shot there, I asked about the policy and was told as I described previously. Since then, I typically buy a box of theirs (along with a paper target) and bring a few of my own. No owner/employee has said boo.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast