Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: New Shop Delco Shooting Supply

Just went in there today. Very clean. Nice prices on bullets and components. I picked up some Berry's 9mm bullets and they are loaded and ready to be shot tomorrow at Guthsville IDPA.

Ted

(Delaware County)

Definitely nice to have a new shop opening with south east archery closing. Stopped in last week with my boy and it seems like a great place. Also one of the owners drives a jeep and that gets extra points in my book.

Dropping in tomorrow to see if they have any .44 mag, I'm a bit low.
    Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

(Delaware County)

I was just there this week and it is a nice shop and very clean. They are working hard and trying new things like a reloading class for first timers I think they also had a ladies night to teach women some basic pistole safety

The prices are very good and this is my new gun shop. Sorry suburban Armory but this guy has better prices and higher end guns

And yes they are open carry friendly did not say a word to me about my holstered pistole

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs down Re: New Shop Delco Shooting Supply

This shop is a poor excuse for a gun store.
    They think Taurus makes the best guns and mainly sell low end junk.
    Its a shame because I was so excited to find out another gun shop opened in Delco but such a disappointment.

(Delaware County)

With all due respect for your opinion, the reality is that a store's inventory has to match its customer base. I believe that the location of this man's business, which has felt the effects of a poor economy probably in a more tangible way than other areas, would lead to a lower end inventory. Or, maybe the owner does not have the resources at this time to inventory a higher end line of firearms. As far as Taurus is concerned, I cannot agree with the owners opinion regarding his assessment of that particular brand, even though I own a number of guns from that company. I suppose though, the store owner is entitled to his opinion as well.
    Before any poster makes comment about how Dom D'Plecido (excuse the spelling) had a upper end class of firearms, Dom was in a different business environment and was long established, even though he was in the same town. Dom had other sources of income and judging by his high prices, it would indicate that his next meal was not dependant on him selling firearms on any particular day.

Smile Re: New Shop Delco Shooting Supply

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    New shop, I understand. Did the owners take the location from a former gun store? Wasn't D'Placedo in that region?
    ^ yes i remember that place. I have been in there a few times years ago. IIRC there were mostly old hunting rifles and old surplus items. Lots of revolvers and semi autos as well.

Im assuming D'Placedo is gone now?

Ill be sure to stop by this Delco shooting supply next time in philly

(Delaware County)

First and only post is to slam someone, a new firearms store? What's going on here?
    Tim

(Delaware County)

The new place is not located in the old stores(Dons) location. Its right across the street. I've driven by but haven't visited yet. I attended a UTAH permit class right up the street last month.
    Here is a previous thread posted when the other store closed.

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/611...gone-dons.html
    Tim

(Delaware County)

i must say, if i had any money right now to buy my next firearm, i would definatly go there again. i walked in there on my way home from work, he got me in trouble with the wifey i ended up just shooting the breeze with him for over an hour and never bought anything. i highly recomend this shop

(Delaware County)

I stopped in after work yesterday and was impressed with how clean the store was. I introduced myself and found the owner and his son very friendly and plesant. I was in the market for a home defense shotgun. There was no pressure to buy a more expensive shotty than I had intended. I spoke with the owner for a while before and after I placed my order and he did not try to push anything on me. His prices are good and he has a good variety of guns. If you reload or would like to start I recomend stopping by.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast