Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Diamonback DB380

Thinking of purchasing a Diamondback DB380 but reviews have been 50-50, anyone with first hand knowledge of this weapon.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Diamonback DB380

50-50 is not a good sign of a quality hand gun and those numbers alone should be a red flag to stay away. the shop in my area told me he's had several of the DB's returned for one issue or another with the worst being a slide that left the frame and struck the shooter in the face. i was looking for a pocket 380 and considered the DB but quickly decided against one once I read and heard of all the problems associated with them. i opted for the Kahr p380 because it had better sites and felt better in my hand than the ruger, keltec, taurus and sig.

It is 50/50 from what I have found out
    I can also verify that a well liked shop/range owner had his face struck from a DB slide coming apart.
    I also know that at another respected Shop, many of the guys carry them.

I am drifting from the OP but it is easy in this day of the instant opinion via the internet to glean a narrow range band of bad or good info.

I try to sort out what I see posted by 1st hand /respected friends opinions.

I like the feel of the DB better than the LCP or the Keltec.
    I like the new S&W .380 BG better than all of them but both have had some bad posts. I have shot none of them. I want a pocket gun so I have been checking them all out.
    I hope we do not miss out on good products or a product that just needs "tweeking" that could become great because of the rapid /instant opinions that become 'written in stone " on the net.

(Northampton County)

I agree, but I've been pulling my hair out the last month trying to decide and its getting frustrating. Really would have liked a 9mm but the size just isn't conducive to and easy carry weapon. So grudgingly I started looking at .380's first was an LCP and found that the grip and sights just wasn't right, then came Taurus and my search turned up once again 50-50 mix reviews, Bersa just seemed to large not to profile in summer attire. Local gun show just made things harder with each vender talking up what ever they needed to get rid of and downplaying other less expensive items which for all I know could have been a better weapon.

(Philadelphia County)

I fondled a DB380 at the last VF gunshow. There was a vendor that had several included a lightly used one at very attractive prices. I had researched the gun so I was already familiar with the problems it had. I liked it very much and ultimately fear kept me from buying it. Despite all that I had read on the web I still came very close to grabbing one. It sells in the low to mid $300s which is significantly less than the Kahr P380.

I've also read a lot of great things about the DB380, field stripping, low recoil, nicely designed etc. I'm hoping that the problems associated with this gun so far are the result of new product teething pain.

They've got a forum where you can read up on the latest news. It looks like they're moving forward with plans for a 9mm model as well.